• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

£1000 to spend on RC petrol car

dragoburnhard

hi

i am new to the petrol RC but have been experanced with nitro

i have £1000 to spend on a RC petrol car

but i am unshure what to buy

i also need the radio gear because my radio gear tends to break alot with me

my thoughts are

HPI Baja 5B SS Buggy Kit Combo + full HPI Tarmac Buster Tyres, wheels, inner foam, HD Wheel Bead Lock Rings (Red) / total price £895

(parts easy to get and very nice buggy just hopups are little)

MCD racerunner evo2 sport + Modelsport UK MCD Power Pack / total price £1028

(problem is parts can be hard to find not much hopups)

FG Modellsport Stadium Truck + Modelsport UK Petrol Power Pack 1 / total price £724

(nice but rather outdated got lots of hopups)

out of them all i like the hpi baja 5b ss the best

but i want to know your thoughts

on a second note i like to know your thoughts on futaba 3GR-FS 2.4GHz it might help my radio problems (i don't like pistol grip radios is it worth it

if you are happy with the HPI Baja i would suggest having a look at the cloned version(ebay),at half the price of the HPI one it comes from the same factory so you get the same build quality plus the fact that almsot all the parts are interchangable and you save yourself a shed load of loot to maybe buy some upgrades.

if you are happy with the HPI Baja i would suggest having a look at the cloned version(ebay),at half the price of the HPI one it comes from the same factory so you get the same build quality plus the fact that almsot all the parts are interchangable and you save yourself a shed load of loot to maybe buy some upgrades.

Ye I'd go with that ^^

A couple of people on here have done the same, and they are very pleased. It uses all the same parts, just half the price! You could then spend the extra £700 on Spektrum Radio Gear? Carbon/Alloy Upgrades? Any Hop-Ups Which take your fancy!!

HTH

Having used an FG and an HPI Baja I can vouch for both of them as very nice machines......

The FG Marder is faster out of the box, but they suffer badly from grip roll.

The HPI Baja looks better and although slower, drives very nicely. Grip roll is very rare and parts / hop-ups are everywhere.