• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

xray cars are they any good

thecosmicpimp

Yeah,they're a great buggy but you shoud've asked this question before you bought it really,it's usually a good idea to research before buying but you have done well there mate.Nice one.... :good:

YEAH IVE GOY A HO BAO HYPER 21 ON ORDER READY TO GO IN IT AND A DECENT STEERING SERVO HOPE IT WILL MOVE SOME.CANT WAIT TO GET IT TOMORROW FROM MS

Referring to your question about how good Xrays are ..... QUALITY. The engineering on all the Xray cars is awesome and you will love putting it together!

The engine ... Hyper 21 ..... bit like putting a Lada engine into a Ferrari!!! :shockingscary:

Well on a high budget you can get an RB C6 which is mental or an OS Speed but these are £200+ engines, for about £150 you can get an OS VSpec or for a little less an STS D21T MkII which are both great engines. Or for under £100 you could get an STS D21E or a Picco P3 Basic which are also good, i run a 21e and its great for the money ;)

you joking me better get on the phone to ms gud job they not in stock whats a gud engine m8?

Engine choice really depends on what you want to do with the car .....

You cant really go wrong with any of the following:

Sirio

RB

OS

AXE

Ninja

We run Sirio STi's which are awesome but a good allround engine which is good for racing and bashing is the Go 5 or 7 port which you can pick up new for just over the 100 quid mark!

Xray i have had a few in the past from the luxury the TQ and the EC .. by far the best buggy i have owned currently running the losi buggy currently but i will go back to xray again very soon because the quality is far superious to most on the market in my opinion.

as for the engine the RB C6 is a mentel engine but thats all it is i am afraid the power curve is all or nothing very little control over the engine :( personly as a fairly new use i woudl say the worst choice you made was getting the RB C6 it really is just all or nothing and they can be a tad hard to tune even for me and i have been racing for years but they do last along time

if i was to recomend a engine to someone after a high end i would highly recomend the fallowing from experiance

OS Speed (£200-230) very smooth throttle curve a dream to tune and a balastic engine neaver let me down

RB WS7 III (£230) very simular to the RB C6 speed wise but a much much smoother power curve very controlable awsome engines

i am not trying to say the C6 is no good but its very much all or nothing and can be very hard to control unless your experianced in this engine if you havent got the engine yet i highly recomed you reconsider and get either a WS7 III or a O.S Speed

hope that advice is helpfull for you and very good buggy choice you wont regret that atall :) the xray manuals are a dream to work through