• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage X Spur Gear Help

largeagain

Hi all.

Lets say i brake to hard and the truck flips over farward, 10-20 seconds later of running the spur gear strips !

Any ideas as to why this is happening ? I think its down to the engine moving, Well thats all i can think of .... but why ?

I tighten the engine screws as tight as i can get them !

i know i get the meshing right as i can run the truck for ever and it doesnt strip ...... until it lands on its roof ! (and it doesnt need to be a massive impact)

ASLO

I was thinking of getting a steel spur gear (maybe like the one from the SS) but if this situation was to happen with a steel spur fitted then would it do damage to something else as the teeth would not be able to strip iand the damage may got further into the drive train. Am i correct in thinking this ?

Many Thanks .... John

You are striping spurs because you will have either an bent engine plate or cracked engine mount allowing the engine to move or not sit true to the spur.

I had this problem with bending 2 engine plates and breaking engine mounts!

what you need is one of these and an standard engine mount and that should solve your problem. i found the standard engine plate had to much flex it in and was causeing the eninge mounts to break.

Also make sure then you are threadlocking the engine mount bolts and they are all the same tightness.

Also it helps to land on your wheels. I would slack of the 2 brake screws a little bit so to stop you locking up all 4 wheeles and doing front flips.

Edited by kellaway

Thanks for the reply's

.... the engine mount and plate are brand new ... ( I already been thru a few of those) :blush:

As for the landing on my wheels .... Yeh i do need some help :whistling:

And the meshing ... i Am certain i got that one figured now .... 7 spurs later :whistling:

Only happens when it takes a know on the roof

.... John

Thier is an few rollbar mods you can do as the savage x roll bar is weak and it just flexis allowing the engine head to be smashed on the floor bending everything.

I realy do recomened the updated engine plate, from IRC its so much stronger than stock and comes with an lifetime warrenty

Hi, Dont get me wrong this doesnt happen everytime it rolls over just when it makes a direct hit on the roof ..... (wheels pointing to the sky)

I have had it do about 10-15 cart wheels and the spur has been well ......

I am sure i aint able to move the engine at all as i tighten the bolts up using the allen key and pliers

BTW what do you all think to the GPM engine plate and mount cos thats what i am using ?

Thanks .... John

well i tried the gpm engine mount and its now in the bin in 2 peices where it cracked and the gpm engine plate is with it also bent and twisted they lasted longer than stock but not much, as i have said i have not had any more problems now im runing the irc engine plate and stock mount