• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Whilst away i got this

LEE69

4b1b5lr.th.jpg7c1b9kj.th.jpg231b2vm.th.jpg

491b2er.th.jpgcd1b9yf.th.jpgce1b7gp.th.jpg

I got it for £107.50 and there are bags of new unopened bits that add up to £61 :(:P :P :)

Then the car/engine/all the rest of it you can see aswell

unreal bargain i say :D

Got it home,and the engine was started using a starter box.

There is no elongated pin on the crank to except the drive from the pull start,off my other car.

Rather than buying a box to try the engine,can anyone think of a way to get it going?

buy a starting wheel for the planes..its like a big motor with a rubber wheel on the end (basically a starter box but without the box around it)

they are about 25 quid so much cheaper than a starter box and do exactly the same thing.

there are different type for planes i think. the ones im most familier with come with an end that fits over a 'cone' shape on the propellors. so its like the inverse of a cone. i dont think that would work?

the options i see are:

- buy starter box

- buy a different crank and backplate, that will alow a pullstart to be attached.

- try the plane starter thing!

what engine is it?

either way it doesnt really matter *that* much, you got an awesome deal there even if you cant start the engine lol!! got ALOT of stuff for the money.

Its a pro 21 same as in my scooby.

Yeah i realise i got a huge deal,but tbh the way the car set up i think the owner seriously raced it,so unsure how it will go compared to the one i use regulary.

Yeah Daz.i had planned a fair bit more than i got it for,nearly fainted when the auction finished and saw no one else had bidded.

Its also got the double disk brakes,that i was going to get for mine :)

Does the engines flywheel protude through the bottom of the chassis? if so, and by enough, matts suggestion of a plane/heli started motor may work, although often these are fitted with a pulley and a rubber belt is used to start the plane/heli. I think fastrax may sell rubber starter wheels and motors seperately so you may be able to bodge those together. I think in the long run though you are going to be best buying a started box, alot easier than having to lift the car up to get a motor and wheel underneath, especialy on those cold nights where it just doesn't want to start (happened to everyone at some point):)

Edited by Mike D

only if your a little weak **** :) ..they are actually quite easy to use, easy to hold unless your a little weak **** :P

i have used them before but decided to get a starter box as it was easier to use.