• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rex-x

Jon_85

Hi, could someone tell me more about the GV models REX-x.

I bought one but i dont know anything about them.

Are they on par with any of the other makes? are they used much for racing.

Also what shells/spoilers from other buggies will fit it.

thanks

Jon

Hi,from what I can gather from a mate who's got one they're great and on par with most other similar priced buggies.GV Models are a pretty good low cost manufacturer and the Rex-ex is a stable car with good upgrade options..Don.t know what other shells fit but I think the shell on the Rex-ex looks smart anyway... :good:

cheers, thats good to know. Was just starting to think it was one of the worst and cheapest makes around lol.

where are they made does anyone know? china or japan?

im just after a new shell to spray black thats all, and the rex-x one is £26 so i just wanted one abit cheaper if possible.

Doesnt matter i';ll just buy a rex-x unpainted shell

cheers for the replies.

USA they're made if i'm not mistook and every car buggy or truck breaks,some people's abuse is different to others.I had a Savage and it was nowt but trouble, three diffs,knackered one way bearings and that was in three runs.A car is as good as you make it.

Edited by Mr Terminator

USA they're made if i'm not mistook and every car buggy or truck breaks,some people's abuse is different to others.I had a Savage and it was nowt but trouble, three diffs,knackered one way bearings and that was in three runs.A car is as good as you make it.

Mr T has a good point. I had a savage and never broke a part, then got a second one and nowt but trouble, njow on my third and no issues.

I've seen people racing Rex-ex's at club level,although it the pro version.People preference and brand bias I suppose are 2 of the reasons.I reckon the only way to really get some knowledge is try the cars you like for yourself,if you don't like them sell em then you have first hand experience.I know that sounds expensive but if its your chosen hobby and you love it as I do then you won't mind so much. :rolleyes: Personally I have'nt owned a Rex-ex or a Hyper but the Rex-ex looks every bit as good as the Hyper and other buggies of similar price and is the one i'd choose (pro version)as Hypers are like A%@$holes everyones got one... :poster_oops::36_11_6[1]: But seriously I'd buy a Rex-ex tomorrow if I was in line for a Buggy..

Edited by Mr Terminator

dont know why people arent saying there not strong either i gave mine some abuse and nothing broke till i went into a concrete slab even then all i broke was a diff output

iv now got a gv mammoth which is also really good based morealess on the rex x but really beefed up with longer chassy and big wheels obv

only thing iv broke on that is one of the gears in the diff but thats had some imense abuse in a quarry always comes off better than my brothers revo

Thats good to hear.

it all seems very good quality from what i can see on mine, i wouldnt mind an inferno or a hyper in future to compare really.

Ive only bought this because ive wanted one for about 12 years now, and all my money seems to go on my motorbike.

Maybe in future when i know what im doing with it (engine wise) i might start racing as it seems there are quite a few tracks here in norfolk.

if your not racing it get the 2 speed box then there mental

i had one and it was brilliant same kind of build quality as i hyper i think

Just letting you know that 2 speeds on buggies are pointless other than on-road use, and they also put more stress on the rest of the drivetrain.

Hi, could someone tell me more about the GV models REX-x.

I bought one but i dont know anything about them.

Are they on par with any of the other makes? are they used much for racing.

Also what shells/spoilers from other buggies will fit it.

thanks

Jon

Hi I just got one,looked at lots of others b4 decideing,& am pleased I did(get the rex-x)theres lots of hopups & you can get spares when you need them,I very pleased with it, had to reset the brakes apart from that its grate. :good:

Hi I just got one,looked at lots of others b4 decideing,& am pleased I did(get the rex-x)theres lots of hopups & you can get spares when you need them,I very pleased with it, had to reset the brakes apart from that its grate. :good:

Nice choice mate,I like them a lot.Now mind it does'nt break into loads of pieces... :lol: