• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

STS .28 Engine Screaming

ben_rc

Ye thats the one.

Ever been to the track at Stainland?

I mean can you just turn up when they aren't racing and use their track?

I used to race me Tamiya Boomerang there when it was up at North Bridge in the 80's.

Ever been to the track at Stainland?

I mean can you just turn up when they aren't racing and use their track?

I used to race me Tamiya Boomerang there when it was up at North Bridge in the 80's.

I never knew there was one. That'd be ace if I could take it there.

Ha. Took my Aftershock into Elite RC on Saturday to sort out a tuning problem. When I went back on Monday to pick it he told me that it didnt like the fuel that was in it (Odonells 20%), and that it ran better with his own stuff! Plus a new glow plug.

Coincidence? Or is he on a kick back from his fuel supplier!

Anyway I finished off the stuff that he put in, then filled up with 20% OD and it ran fine.

He seemed an ok bloke to me, but i dont know enough about nitro to able to contradict was he's telling me

Where is Stainland? Is it HX way

Edited by RichB

Ha. Took my Aftershock into Elite RC on Saturday to sort out a tuning problem. When I went back on Monday to pick it he told me that it didnt like the fuel that was in it (Odonells 20%), and that it ran better with his own stuff! Plus a new glow plug.

Coincidence? Or is he on a kick back from his fuel supplier!

Anyway I finished off the stuff that he put in, then filled up with 20% OD and it ran fine.

He seemed an ok bloke to me, but i dont know enough about nitro to able to contradict was he's telling me

Where is Stainland? Is it HX way

Haha. OMG, have I to stick with my OD's then? Are you going to??

It all sounds soo familiar.

And Stainland is HX way, Stainland Road is just around the corner from Elite RC, so I imagine its around there somewhere.

Haha. OMG, have I to stick with my OD's then? Are you going to??

It all sounds soo familiar.

And Stainland is HX way, Stainland Road is just around the corner from Elite RC, so I imagine its around there somewhere.

Yeah, i think i will stick to OD for now, see how it goes.

What time did you call in? I was there about 2ish on Saturday. Nearly bought a micro T, but resisted the temptation!

Yeah, i think i will stick to OD for now, see how it goes.

What time did you call in? I was there about 2ish on Saturday. Nearly bought a micro T, but resisted the temptation!

Ye, he had one on the counter dint he. I almost did too. I was there about 2.30 ish. Nearly met up then! Lol

How much was that Micro?

yay we started it and it didnt scream!!! :D :D

Haha. :D

Ye, got it started about 20t Pull lol. It was kinda cold. Then it ran, didn't scream but idled nicely.

We revved it a little, to prevent it from stalling, and then left it for about 1/8th a tank. Then suddenly the revs crept up and began to scream again, by itself, was this air in the engine??

Or interference?

Ben

I think it could be an air leak, as you said the revs rose later on in the tank. I'm thinking that because at first (when the engine is cold) all of the parts are slightly smaller so are a tighter fit to each other, but once it heats up and the parts expand it is making small leaks which are causing the revs to rise.

Try it again. And make sure you keep an eye on the carb. Watch to see that it doesnt open for some reason... If the carb isnt opening then it could possibly be a leak of some description... (might not be the engine, could be fuel tank, fuel lines etc...) so just give it another go mate ;)

Try it again. And make sure you keep an eye on the carb. Watch to see that it doesnt open for some reason... If the carb isnt opening then it could possibly be a leak of some description... (might not be the engine, could be fuel tank, fuel lines etc...) so just give it another go mate ;)

Ye, can't tonight, I'll do it tomorrow or the weekend. :)

Thanks Guys

Ye, can't tonight, I'll do it tomorrow or the weekend. :)

Thanks Guys

Do you know what ben you've been having trouble with this damm engine for weeks now, I thought the guy at Elite had fixed it for you?

It really ^']#~ me off when you pay a 'professional' to sort your engine out and it still dosen't work.

It happend to me.

Do you know what ben you've been having trouble with this damm engine for weeks now, I thought the guy at Elite had fixed it for you?

It really ^']#~ me off when you pay a 'professional' to sort your engine out and it still dosen't work.

It happend to me.

My Mum said, when she collected the truck, that they guy at Elite, said the truck was running fine now, no problems. Whats this??

<_<

My Mum said, when she collected the truck, that they guy at Elite, said the truck was running fine now, no problems. Whats this??

<_<

Cant you take it back and tell it still aint right, even with that cooking fat he calls fuel in it, that he recommended?!

Cant you take it back and tell it still aint right, even with that cooking fat he calls fuel in it, that he recommended?!

Well, I should do. But I'll have another go with the car, and see what happens.

Should I continue to use OD's??

Ben