• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage .28, hopped up, great condition

Alexi

I've been thinking about doing it for a while, but I am finally putting my Savage up for sale. I still love the Savage, but it's nitro, and too big for my tiny garden. Seeing as I don't have the time or enthusiasm to use it often enough, it makes sense to put it up for sale (as I have two other RC's I can play with ;)). Anyway, the point is I don't have to sell it, but if I can get enough money for it, it would make sense to let it go.

DSC_0064.jpg

This Savage has hardly been used. I never got past the run in, and so I have never abused it. Despite that, I've still upgraded it suitably, and here is what it has (I will elaborate on the parts later):

• STS .28
  • STS .28 pipe and manifold
  • Mid tank mod
  • Carbon Fibre TVP's
  • Conical washers
  • Alloy shock towers
  • Crazy Nut Racing brakes
  • High Torque Servo
  • Ofna throttle mod
  • CNC engine plate
  • Wheelie bar (again mint condition, as I haven't used it :()
  • Triple rate springs
  • HPI engine stop
  • Savage X gearbox (for easy access)
  • Savage X radio box, if you choose to go back to original tank setup (I have everything you need to go back, don't kno why you would though!)
  • Ford Bronco custom painted shell, no cracks or splits, just one or two scratches (shows how little I've used it...)
  • Basic stuff like fail safe and hump pack
  • Can include nitro starter stuff (fuel tank, glue stick and charger etc) if needed, and the price is good

The truck has lots of other parts which I have added, but are pretty much what you would expect (HD parts, threaded turn buckles etc).

Details:

DSC_0068-1.jpg

Front shock tower, adjustable, you can change the position of the shocks.

DSC_0069.jpg

Rear shock tower, with LST shock mounting bracket thing, again has many shock mounting options. Ofna throttle mod, and servo relocation for mid tank mod.

DSC_0071.jpg

Power system above. Long story short, I bought an STS .28, it came with an air leak. STS fixed it for me, replaced broken parts, sealed it, and sent it back to me. It has a new piston and liner, new O-ring seals, and possibly a few other new parts, but I know for sure about the parts I mentioned. Better than a new STS, as it comes sealed ;) (it's sealed all round btw, even the needles, using 'Green Slime'). I still have the box and manual for this engine.

I have an STS .28 pipe, never used, just mounted. I stll have the box for it. It is perfect for the Savage and the engine, as it was designed by STS for use with this engine. A great combination, this truck will be fast :P

DSC_0072-1.jpg

Mid tank mod, made by me. Built in switch holder. The electronics have been moved around so this mod would work without adding an external radio box (as is commonly done). For this reason I think it's better than most mid tank mods. However, if you would rather run the stock set up, you can; I have all the original parts and a Savage X radio box.

DSC_0075-2.jpg

I have to admit, I really like this shell :P Anyway, the photo doesn't show it well, but I also fitted lights to the front bumper, which are turned on and off by the main switch and uses the hump pack for power.

DSC_0078-2.jpg

The underside of the Savage. The skid plate has my name on it. I could probably include a suitably large sticker to cover up my name for you, or I would be happy to keep it :P Anyway, as you can see, very little use, all very clean and tidy.

DSC_0079.jpg

Carbon Fibre TVP's, look very cool, and are lighter. I still have the old TVP's if you would rather run those (I would knock off a bit of the price in that case). Conical washers are used to spread the load on the carbon fibre, and look really very cool. I am told the set was £20 new :o

Lastly, the engine mount plate is a CNC one, which acts as a heat sink. It's a lot stronger than stock, and if you plan to go bashing is a good idea (it wont bend, ensuring a proper mesh for the gears).

Ok, that's the truck. I could sell it in a number of different ways. I could do it RTR (minus fuel, unless you can pay for a courier or maybe collect) with (basic) radio gear (I have a nicer radio set up, but I'd like to keep it, unless the money is offered for it :P). For that, I would want £250 for this mint Savage. Have a look at the cost of a new one, then look at this one and decide which you would want (bearing in mind this hopped up one is cheaper). We will have to talk about posting as well, costs will depend on how you want it sent.

If you want the truck for less, it will come with less hopups ;). I can replace the shock towers with stock ones. Same with the TVP's. I also have a HPI ribbed pipe which I can include over the STS pipe.

Please note, if you want to pay by Paypal, I think I would have to ask you to pay for any fees. Personal cheque would be prefered (though I'd have to wait for it to clear).

Thanks for reading all this, if you are (seriously) intrested, please send me a PM and/or we can talk on MSN. Please only contact me if you are intrested in buying, if you aren't, send me a PM ;)

I'm leaving for two weeks this weekend, so if anyone wants this soon, you'll have to let me know in the next few days wink.gif

Otherwise I'll reply again when I get back, so if anyone is interested while I'm away, send me a PM and I'll get back to you asap.

Thanks

Alexi

• 3 weeks later...

Back from holiday, Savage is still here (!).

Any takers? Serious takers only though please. I will not be marking this item as sold until I recieve payment, due to time wasters.

I do not muck people around (please see my feedback below), I do not expect to be mucked around in turn ;)

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16941

Thank you,

Alexi

• 2 weeks later...