• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hyper problems

yoko racer

on my hyper 21 4 port engiine some of you may know i was having problems a while back

i had brought a new engine after it started spitting fuel out from between the cylinder head and crankcase

i think i have that sorted that problem now but i just had it running and the mid range needle is very loose and rotates when the engine is revving?

why might it be like this and what can i do to stop it

btw i have checked all the o rings and they are not broken

wb thanks

Edited by yoko racer

Send it back!!

Get it sorted....

It shud never spit around the crank/heatsink

And if the Mid range is floppy - ur gonna get some nasty running problems

the engine itself is good :) just how they are built is a little rushed - and things are forgotten

Ziggy

have u seen the production of the engines, how can u say its rushed????

its bad build quality, i dont like there build quality since they used bloody concrete to get the head bolts so stay in place and they wont come off at all now

have u seen the production of the engines, how can u say its rushed????

its bad build quality, i dont like there build quality since they used bloody concrete to get the head bolts so stay in place and they wont come off at all now

They rushed - as a result - they put my HSN needle on too tight - and snapped the thread....

My headbolts came out DEAD easy :) - mind you they probably undid them and didnt put concrete back in :P

Ziggy

What a load of scare mongering! Set the mid range needle to flush and dab a bit of super glue on it or use threadlock.What a load of scare mongering! Set the mid range needle to flush and dab a bit of super glue on it or use threadlock.

by the fact it coming out - indicates there is a problem...

Sure you can slap it back in - but how prepared are u be doing it on a regular basis??

Ziggy

ziggy why do you assume it was rushed? you have any proof or just saying random [CENSORED] again?

there could just been a manufacturing defect, they cant inspect every single one?

ziggy why do you assume it was rushed? you have any proof or just saying random [CENSORED] again?

there could just been a manufacturing defect, they cant inspect every single one?

Keep it polite please. Swearing at other members is not acceptable.

I had a mid range needle on a carb that kept coming loose, l changed it to one from a new carb l'd bought and threadlocked it in place, flush with the barrel - not had a problem with it, in almost a year.

ziggy he says put thread lock and glue on it ... meaning it wont come out again ... if it does the engine will run weird and it will be fixed ... and also the manual for my hyper engine says after run in run the engine to heat it up THEN try unscewing parts and it also says if not heat the engine up other wise you risk braking new tight parts ie hsn

When it went back to CML - the guys said it looked rush and was put on too tight by accident!!!

So it is a manufactors default

And i know its near impossible to check everysingle piece that comes off the production line

And im switching off due to the thunderstorm

be back soon :)

Ziggy