• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

how to keep yout ariel tube from falling out

cew27

this is mainly for micro's as they usually have this sort of Ariel holder

fist off you will need an ariel nut e.g. the hong nor ones (if you dont have any i think i have a spare one i can give out if anybody wants it )

IMAG0002-10.jpg

this is the battery strap from my ftx blaze i have circled the Ariel tube holder

dtxc6310.jpg

i used a stanly knife (could use dremel but be carefull) to cut out wedges of plastick to enable the plastic to bend and taper towards the top

IMAG0001-9.jpg

then use the nut to cut a thread in the plastic, i used a cable tie to hold the top together while i screwed it on but once the thread is cit it is easier to do the second time around

IMAG0003-9.jpg

the result

IMAG0004-11.jpg

thanks for reading :good:

erm.....

Why just drop the ariel more into the radio box?

That works just as well....

Ziggy

Thats out of order mate, making him out to be daft, youve killed 3 engines and do silly guides all the time, if anyone you should give him a break.

And FYI pushing tube into the box more just made MINE snap 3 times lol so not the best really eh?

TB

Thats out of order mate, making him out to be daft, youve killed 3 engines and do silly guides all the time, if anyone you should give him a break.

And FYI pushing tube into the box more just made MINE snap 3 times lol so not the best really eh?

TB

TB - its not out of order - i only said why not drop into the box more... thinking of his crt more then anything else

Killing 3 engines? so what?

and Silly guides? like what? They prove useful to other people -

And pushing an ariel back into a radio box - snapps them?

Dunno what ur doing horrible wrong there....

Ziggy

ziggy he is bashing ... meaning his Ariel will bend and snap if it is so far in the box and the how to clean ure air filter was kinda useless

now stop spamming my topic

indeed buy a specktrum ... but its stil the same they have ariels

It's 3.5 inches long and doesn't even reach the shell :rolleyes:

I find this thread 100% useless, but others don't, so we should keep it IMO

Edited by bb2120

yes but my blaze only takes half an inch of ariel till its out of the shell .... it is only use full if you have a car with a similar Ariel holder ...

none of the guides are useless otherwise they wouldnt of been made...they will all help someone, it doesnt have to be you

cew do you think it would have to be an arial nut or would a normal nut the right size clamp it enough?

hmm ... it needs to be a slight bit smaller than the plastic in orner ti nip the tube at the top ... like the crt ariel tube holders

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would using a a little blue tac work? to wrap around the bottom of Ariel tube that goes into the hole if that makes sense lol

Yup, that's exactly what I've done on my firestorm :good: