• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

cant run in my engine

cew27

it should be crawling for the first few tanks anyway, don't lean it out unless it won't move at all and even then only lean a bit. It needs bedding in, perfromance is supposed to be crap

some engines will just continuous konk on u due to the rich setting but its short lived, gradually the power will come thru and altho at base setting it will loosen up.

patience is the key, this period determins the life expectancy of your engine

well it has had about 2.5 tanks through it at idle and is starting to loosen up

Glad you got it sorted mate, take your time on running it in more tanks needed still on rich setting i know its temting to lean it out and let it rip but its way to early even at 2.5 tanks big blocks tend to need more fuel through them to loosen them up.

when you have finished running it in [CENSORED] the glow plug in the bin it will be nearly no use anyway due to the rich mixture killing the plug, it ain't happened to me but i have heard people use the same plug when leaning it out for the first time and the coil has give way and scored the piston and sleeve and killed the engine for the sake of £3/£4 i wouldn't chance it, the choice is yours bud. :good:

marty :)

Glad you got it sorted mate, take your time on running it in more tanks needed still on rich setting i know its temting to lean it out and let it rip but its way to early even at 2.5 tanks big blocks tend to need more fuel through them to loosen them up.

when you have finished running it in [CENSORED] the glow plug in the bin it will be nearly no use anyway due to the rich mixture killing the plug, it ain't happened to me but i have heard people use the same plug when leaning it out for the first time and the coil has give way and scored the piston and sleeve and killed the engine for the sake of £3/£4 i wouldn't chance it, the choice is yours bud. :good:

marty :)

the engine in my hyper has been tuned, as has the one in the savage, and both went through break in and a re still in the engines after tuning (yes the axial is tuned now)

woooohooooo got 1/4th tank done :D :D it started fine i just unscews plug a full turn started after a few seconds on the box and tightened the plug and off i whent ..... althaugh i had to lean the needles considerably and for the first mine i has to be very light on the throttle to prevent bogging but after 2 mins the engine came to life and didnt bog anymore so i did that tank and then richened the needles to compensate ... :D althaugh my smd wheel now has a 3mm dent in it :P