• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rascal 2 speed

wilber

Hopefully a quick and easy question.

I read on another forum that this http://www.racing-cars.com/products.asp?recnumber=17496 which is an upgrade to the Riot's 3 speed (part U2780) should fit with the Rascal's 2 speed. Has anyone tried it and know if it works?

Although my 2 speed is ok at the moment, with the way I drive, I don't think it will last too much longer.....!

Hopefully a quick and easy question.

I read on another forum that this http://www.racing-cars.com/products.asp?recnumber=17496 which is an upgrade to the Riot's 3 speed (part U2780) should fit with the Rascal's 2 speed. Has anyone tried it and know if it works?

Although my 2 speed is ok at the moment, with the way I drive, I don't think it will last too much longer.....!

Dont know but for just £8 it has to be worth a go,yes?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Stumungous, glad to know it will fit.

As for my progress report - I'm still waiting for the :censored: part to turn up! Ordered it directly from Schumacher a couple of weeks ago, chased them up last week - they told me to wait til Friday. Friday came and went, no part. Chased them over the weekend - no response. Chased them yesterday, still no response.....

Part arrived today (thanks Schumacher for forking out for another part that the post office obviously lost!!!)

Fitted it straight away and it's infinitely better!

The 2 speed used to have problems going back into first gear (from second). But with the alloy part it always does it straight away.

Comparing the old and the new part, you can see that the teeth on the old platic one are just slightly worn - enough not to catch the sprocket.

I guess platic teeth just aren't up to the job!

I run this around for a bit, but I'm already itching for the 3 speed.... Anyone know how much difference it might make?