• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Handlings gone ka-put

azab

ok, so my F201 took a rather large smash at wrexham last wednesday with some mates, snapped both front wish-bones, there glued and tapped to perfection-ish, the servo is 100% alligned (sp?) and it pulls rather a fair bit to the left, so i put the trimminga full right, still does it, any sugestions to what it could be? ive adjusted all the stuff so when still and in air, even turned on, the wheels are perfectly straigh, and if you post anything right now, ill have to wait untill 2moro to try it, im watching BB8 on C, then Smallville, Simpsons, F1 USA

any ideas to what is ruingin my lap times?

the bearing are all metal ball-things, the servo has been internally centered and exteranlly with the horn...im stuck

also its AWD with full lightwieght stuff, the rear diff is sorta broked, fron is fine, (ball diffs)

the rear diff is broke...

when you turn one wheel, the other stays still, but when both turn its fine, front diff works fine, i think the shocks are leaking after the crash, ther alloy ones, chassis IS NOT bend in any way, its perfect, sita around 1-2mm above ground on smooth race-tracks, NEVER goes onto roads/footpaths, only tracks

Replace both the wishbones and the rear diff. That'll be 99% of the problem.

However, if the impact was enought o do all that damage, the chassis is very likely to be tweaked.

the impact only broke front lower w/bones, the rear diff, tha balls have gone i thinks, ill try tightening it

i tightened the diff, its still being a b*atch, the shock of the impact should go when it breaks summat, the chassis is fine, but ive noticed a very strage thing with the shocks...the left side of car is lower than right, both sides are EXACLTY same set-up, whats going on, ive swapped the shocks and its still like it...

ive layed all the CF out on flat surfaces and with levels, no dips or bends, perfectly straight, it just pulls left when exiting corners

fixed it, sorted the adjustable arms on the front end, they were different by around 1mm, and put reinforced lower arms on, its sorted now