• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dumbo ddf-350

vinniejones

Just bought the new dumbo ddf 350 tx

Very compact 

I have a issue with the model I have bound 2 models up on 2 separate model numbers but both models react to the transmitter on both model numbers 

A bit stuck any advise would be great 

Manythanks

Thanks lone-wolf

IT is a nice compact radio and the rest of the radio is pretty straight forward

I was trying to sort it out last night for about 2 hours

Tried everything

Thanks anyway

• Like 1

Might be like that, my flysky gt3c does that, just have to remember to turn every car off apart from the one I'm using, otherwise they all set off . I have 3 cars bound to the flysky and can use each one on any setting, so your Dumbo could be the same 

2 hours ago, wombat said:

Might be like that, my flysky gt3c does that, just have to remember to turn every car off apart from the one I'm using, otherwise they all set off . I have 3 cars bound to the flysky and can use each one on any setting, so your Dumbo could be the same 

H7 447 WOMBAT THANKS FOR THAT WILL TRY 

I would have expected any other bound receiver in other rcs to not be powered when using the chosen rc's receiver really. 🤔

Normally you wouldn't have them all fitted with a battery and switched on at the same time.

1 hour ago, JonnyUK said:

I would have expected any other bound receiver in other rcs to not be powered when using the chosen rc's receiver really. 🤔

Normally you wouldn't have them all fitted with a battery and switched on at the same time.

I have another flysky gt3c and it's the same, if you have 6 cars on one tx and there all switched on, press forwards and they'll all set off. That's why when I change them will be getting Dumbo RC ones👍

21 minutes ago, wombat said:

I have another flysky gt3c and it's the same, if you have 6 cars on one tx and there all switched on, press forwards and they'll all set off. That's why when I change them will be getting Dumbo RC ones👍

I get that but I don't understand why it's a problem.  No idea why all the cars would have a battery fitted and all be turned on at the same time. 

• Like 1

It's not a problem, was just saying it can happen . I always switch off and remove batteries when I stop using/ change cars. It's sometimes an advantage as you can run one car on another cars settings, as in lower throttle settings if a beginner is using it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JonnyUK said:

Thanks jonnyuk

I did power 2 cars up just to see if they were both connected after 1 car worked on my no 01 and no 2 model list that was the only reason I tried them both but thanks for asking

Kev

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JonnyUK said:

I get that but I don't understand why it's a problem.  No idea why all the cars would have a battery fitted and all be turned on at the same time. 

IT'S a problem because the tx holds 10 models and each model has different trims set up

I've got the same transmitter.

If you mean the problem is just that it will control all of the other bound RCs at the same time then just make sure only one RC is powered on at a time ie the RC you are driving.

If you mean that it doesn't save each trim setting separately for each model on each stored in the transmitter then yes that would be a problem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonnyUK said:

I've got the same transmitter.

If you mean the problem is just that it will control all of the other bound RCs at the same time then just make sure only one RC is powered on at a time ie the RC you are driving.

If you mean that it doesn't save each trim setting separately for each model on each stored in the transmitter then yes that would be a problem. 

Jonnyuk

Is your  ddf-355  working as it should and if it is how did you enter and store the different model numbers

8 minutes ago, vinniejones said:

Jonnyuk

Is your  ddf-355  working as it should and if it is how did you enter and store the different model numbers

At the moment I'm only using it for the one petrol RC. Not had it long really. 

34 minutes ago, JonnyUK said:

At the moment I'm only using it for the one petrol RC. Not had it long really. 

OK jonnyuk

I've spoke to the company I bought it of luckily UK company and they tell me that there has been a few faulty transmitters a software fault I am waiting to here back will post when I find out

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vinniejones said:

OK jonnyuk

I've spoke to the company I bought it of luckily UK company and they tell me that there has been a few faulty transmitters a software fault I am waiting to here back will post when I find out

They might fix it by issuing a software update, should be quite simple to load it into the transmitter hopefully.

I think there is a mini usb on it, no idea if that's to plug it into a computer for updates or to charge a lipo pack though. 

9 hours ago, JonnyUK said:

They might fix it by issuing a software update, should be quite simple to load it into the transmitter hopefully.

I think there is a mini usb on it, no idea if that's to plug it into a computer for updates or to charge a lipo pack though. 

I think the USB C is to do firmware, i tried charging AA NI-MH on my dumbo and did not appear to work

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

I think the USB C is to do firmware, i tried charging AA NI-MH on my dumbo and did not appear to work

OK good evening all

The shop that I bought the dumbo of have been in touch with dumbo support

Have  have been told that the 10 model numbers will store the trims for 10 trucks but unlike my Noble tx where you can go to your model number and that is the only number that will control the truck

But on the dumbo fdd 350 all the model numbers will control any truck you have bound to the tx

So you must only have 1 off your trucks turned on

Hope this helps anyone in the same prediction

They have said its a low cost radio and that's why it's like this and built to be like this

Manythanks to all who messaged 

22 hours ago, JonnyUK said:

JonnyUK look at the post I have just posted

Thanks

1 hour ago, vinniejones said:

OK good evening all

The shop that I bought the dumbo of have been in touch with dumbo support

Have  have been told that the 10 model numbers will store the trims for 10 trucks but unlike my Noble tx where you can go to your model number and that is the only number that will control the truck

But on the dumbo fdd 350 all the model numbers will control any truck you have bound to the tx

So you must only have 1 off your trucks turned on

Hope this helps anyone in the same prediction

They have said its a low cost radio and that's why it's like this and built to be like this

Manythanks to all who messaged 

Glad you got a result, sounds like it operates like the flysky gt3c. 👍

• Thanks 1