• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM Baja 5 SC Clutch Bell Holder Problem

swisstoe

Bought a used KM clutch bell holder to replace the stock plastic one and ran into a problem.

The internal diameter of the bearings are larger than the clutch bell shaft, so it would slop about.

I looks like it needs a collar or a different bell with a thicker shaft.

What are my options to fix this problem ???

regards

swiss

33 minutes ago, swisstoe said:

Bought a used KM clutch bell holder to replace the stock plastic one and ran into a problem.

The internal diameter of the bearings are larger than the clutch bell shaft, so it would slop about.

I looks like it needs a collar or a different bell with a thicker shaft.

What are my options to fix this problem ???

regards

swiss

Forgot to say its a Aluminium replacement holder...

swiss

your option would be to find a heavy duty clutch bell with the larger shaft.....

or find a bearing that fits your clutch and hte housing.

You need to measure the shaft diameter on your clutch bell, measure the outer diamter and width of your bearing...and then search for one that fits. Bearings come in a lot of sizes...and it should be easy to find one to suit

Hello Nitroholic''

Thanks for your advice but to save any confusion, i have bought the uprated CNC alloy carrier from RC Modelz.

This should be a direct replacement with the correct bearing size for the bell shaft...

swiss

A few companies did 'HD clutch kits, which had beefied clutch bells. Probably your clutch support came from that.

Never broke a clutchbell ... but I did snap a few bolts. Best to do the 'bolt mod' while it's apart if you haven;t already. Get a longer M4 cap head and run it from teh inside of the bell out, and bolt the pinion on with a nyloc nut. The tsock runs the bolt from outside. Snap it..and it snaps flush with the bell and is a pain to get out. This way...you just unscrew the bolt from inside, replace and rebuild. Easy. Just needs a slightly longer bolt to give enough to put the nut on.