• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rc car not running properly

LucLovesBanggood

I bought this small 1:16th scale rc car.

Converted it to brushless, and it doesn't want to

run. 

I don't really know how to explain it but the center drive shaft and spur gear just pop out when you touch throttle.

There is a little cap which you can put over it.

But when I do that and drive it, It certainly start to smell like somethings frying.

So what can I do to prevent this from happening?

what model is that? it looks like there shoud be a holder on the front as well, to hold the bearings in place which in turn holds the shaft and gears in place.

once the covers are secured dont over tighten them and then we can think about tight meshing etc.

i assume the car worked good before u switched it to brushless? does the motor mount have a slot or fixed screw holes?

it sounds like something daft which will be easily fixed, we all do daft stuff starting out and i still do 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps the mesh is too tight between the pinion gear and spur gear?

Is the new motor significantly more powerful than the brushed version you originally had?  When you carried out the brushless conversion, did you upgrade all the electronics?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

what model is that? it looks like there shoud be a holder on the front as well, to hold the bearings in place which in turn holds the shaft and gears in place.

once the covers are secured dont over tighten them and then we can think about tight meshing etc.

i assume the car worked good before u switched it to brushless? does the motor mount have a slot or fixed screw holes?

it sounds like something daft which will be easily fixed, we all do daft stuff starting out and i still do 🙂

It is an eachine eat15, better known as a sg pinecone model.

Thank you for the help, ill try my best to fix it.