• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gmade GOM GR01 Rock Buggy Kit

BlackSeaRC

The Gmade GOM GR01...yes, it has been around for a while but it has always had a certain appeal to me...this is a buggy that I have liked for ages due to the scale realism but I have always had other projects on the go so I never took the plunge.   A couple of months ago I was ready for a new build project and there was nothing new to the market that really caught my attention so I finally decided to buy the GOM before they are discontinued.  I've also never owned a Gmade product and was interested to see how it would compare with the other brands in my collection.  I wanted a kit rather than a ready-to-run so the choices were either the basic "GOM Kit" or the "GOM Plus Kit".  I liked the upgrade parts provided in the Plus kit but somehow I preferred the black tubular frame structure of the basic kit rather than the grey version in the Plus kit.  Additionally, although the kit seems fairly reasonably priced, by the time you have added all the ancillary parts to get the buggy running, it adds up to quite a high cost so that was another reason to choose the basic kit.  Having said that, I will probably buy a few upgrade parts anyway as I always like to customise my RC vehicles.

This is the first video in a series where I unbox the kit, show what you get and prepare for the kit build.  I also show what additional parts you will need.  Future videos will show the step-by-step kit build, set-up and testing, and give ideas for upgrades and customisation.

BlackSeaRC

• Like 3

• 1 month later...