• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Well what have i started Air and Sea projects

Cfaffer

Hi all, newbie here from Manchester.  I havnt been into the RC scene for a long long time. Used to be into RC cars and raced a lot, Had a Tamiya Hornet and Pumpkin that i messed with made a drag out the Hornet when i fitted the Pumpkin wheels to it. lol, that flew a good bit.  Now a  couple of months ago i got a toy Heli while i was out shopping, and now on my third in space of 2 months. I dont know if its frustration in not getting to use one properly yet but i am waiting for my new Heli to arrive this week. 

Oh and i have a boat i am rebuilding and really want to make a 1/10 scale RC model of it when i get the chance.  That would be interesting to do. 

This is it, just trying to work out how to form the hull to the correct shape. I am good with GRP and most things  jts the hull shape and how to form the mould properly. 

1831078835_20210416_164616-Copy.thumb.jpg.3369d2debf8a825e30481ac62e74805c.jpg20201223_183243.thumb.jpg.8e2cfe523fcbfce5aabee7f1edb20268.jpg

so a hello from me and hope to be around for  along time 🙂

Faffer:) 

Edited by Cfaffer
  • Like 2

• Cfaffer changed the title to Well what have i started Air and Sea projects

Welcome aboard. :good:

Love the boats name, ...I bet the neighbours are thinking something like that with a boat on your driveway in the middle of suburbia. :lol: 😏

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

Welcome aboard. :good:

Love the boats name, ...I bet the neighbours are thinking something like that with a boat on your driveway in the middle of suburbia. :lol: 😏

After 20  years of living here they get me now. there all boring and think as i have a boat i am odd........i do tell them we all live on an island so not far from rivers. canals and the sea ha ha they have nothing to say then lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cfaffer said:

After 20  years of living here they get me now. there all boring and think as i have a boat i am odd........i do tell them we all live on an island so not far from rivers. canals and the sea ha ha they have nothing to say then lol 

Just do what makes you happy and screw the neighbours (to a point of course). :topbanana: 

Think making a model boat of your actual boat will be really cool as well.
I did it of a 350Z car that I once owned and I know others who have done it with RC's as well as static models like I did. 

Think if it was me I'd just do a very detailed static model with lighting and everything but only because I hate the idea of making a model RC boat only for it to break down in the middle of a lake and me have to swim out  to it. :lol:

4 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

Just do what makes you happy and screw the neighbours (to a point of course). :topbanana: 

Think making a model boat of your actual boat will be really cool as well.
I did it of a 350Z car that I once owned and I know others who have done it with RC's as well as static models like I did. 

Think if it was me I'd just do a very detailed static model with lighting and everything but only because I hate the idea of making a model RC boat only for it to break down in the middle of a lake and me have to swim out  to it. :lol:

I do, do what ever aslong it doesmt upset others is what i do. folks use my house as a pinpoint for folks needing directions ha ha.

, near bought one once. but then like the Mitsi GTO TT. 

And hey if i make an RC model and it breaks down ill launch the bigger one to go get it ha ha . ill look into starting it soon, got a bit on but got materials here. 

• Like 1