• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma esc blinking red

Tabbie

Please could I have some advice before I loose hope and bin our son's arrma granite voltage,  the steering still moves but no power to to motor.

The esc just blinks red, am not sure if it's dead or needs a reset, the esc is a mega 390068 any help is very much appreciated. 

16307785231764394074791964883392.jpg

32 minutes ago, Tabbie said:

Please could I have some advice before I loose hope and bin our son's arrma granite voltage,  the steering still moves but no power to to motor.

The esc just blinks red, am not sure if it's dead or needs a reset, the esc is a mega 390068 any help is very much appreciated. 

16307785231764394074791964883392.jpg

Is your throttle trim set to neutral ? 

Could just need to calibrate the throttle/reverse/neutral positions. I’ve had it happen (with different esc’s) and resolved it this way.

8 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Could just need to calibrate the throttle/reverse/neutral positions. I’ve had it happen (with different esc’s) and resolved it this way.

I shall try and find the manual and give it a go thanks. Google just confuses things. 

Just took a look myself, and think the esc self calibrates each time you turn the model on?

0DE91EDC-2269-4192-AB13-04E271D57C08.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ant.p said:

Just took a look myself, and think the esc self calibrates each time you turn the model on?

0DE91EDC-2269-4192-AB13-04E271D57C08.png

Looks like it's broken then, I dislike spending money on this truck it really isn't that good being a low budget starter truck.  Big thank you for your help.

5 minutes ago, Tabbie said:

Looks like it's broken then, I dislike spending money on this truck it really isn't that good being a low budget starter truck.  Big thank you for your help.

Don’t give up too easily! My comments are based on little more than a hunch as I haven’t personal experience with the granite.

IF it’s the esc, a replacement doesn’t need to break the bank. In fact, if it the brushless model (believe it is?) I have a few spare from different models. I could send you one for a small fee if you like? Would require some soldering, but nothing major.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Don’t give up too easily! My comments are based on little more than a hunch as I haven’t personal experience with the granite.

IF it’s the esc, a replacement doesn’t need to break the bank. In fact, if it the brushless model (believe it is?) I have a few spare from different models. I could send you one for a small fee if you like? Would require some soldering, but nothing major.

It is a very basic brushed motor that's says on the box 30mph(maybe down a very steep hill with a gale force wind behind it) Thank you for your offer.

If I decided to give the pile of junk a second chance and changed the esc would I have to get anything else?

Again thank you!!!

32 minutes ago, Tabbie said:

It is a very basic brushed motor that's says on the box 30mph(maybe down a very steep hill with a gale force wind behind it) Thank you for your offer.

If I decided to give the pile of junk a second chance and changed the esc would I have to get anything else?

Again thank you!!!

I’d heard good things about the granite as well. 
again, if it’s the esc that has gone, that’s all you would need to replace. There would be soldering required if you took the one I have as I used EC5 connectors and I’m guessing that you don’t, you could either get an adapter (not recommended but works) or solder on a plug of your choice. You would also need to solder the motor cables. It’s a 60amp that came from an FTX carnage 2.0. Would at least get the car going again. Alternatively, you could spend a little on a new brushless motor/esc combo, get a lipo (and suitable charger if you don’t already have one) and the thing would fly!!!

Edited by Ant.p

4 minutes ago, Chris1337 said:

Are you in the uk? What price would you be after for it posted to NE28

If @Tabbie doesn’t want it, I’ll pm you 👍🏻

On 04/09/2021 at 21:56, Tabbie said:

I shall pm you tomorrow Ant.p thanks.

Changed the esc for a new arrma one today,  it's just the same red light blinking away.

Not sure what to check next, other than if there's room in the bin.

20 hours ago, Tabbie said:

Changed the esc for a new arrma one today,  it's just the same red light blinking away.

Not sure what to check next, other than if there's room in the bin.

Sorry dude. I would be giving the merchant or even better, Arrma a tinkle to see if they can advise. Bet it’s something simple.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrCake said:

On a generic ESC in one of my cars the blinking red LED means a failed motor.  Had it earlier in the year and a new motor got it going again.

thats a good possibility as well 

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

has throttle trim tab been moved ?

battery is definately charged up ?

I've tried moving the throttle trim in every way possible, the battery seems fine when I always storage charge them afterwards but will double check. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, MrCake said:

On a generic ESC in one of my cars the blinking red LED means a failed motor.  Had it earlier in the year and a new motor got it going again.

Worth looking at the motor isn't old but definitely worth checking out.

Thank you for your advice. 

My motor at the time was only about a year old.  Ran a 2s 4000mah pack with no issue and then brought the car back for a 10 mins cool down.  Put in the 2nd pack and it moved about 2 metres before stopping and flashing.  No smoke or fuss but the motor was totally dead.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/09/2021 at 21:06, MrCake said:

My motor at the time was only about a year old.  Ran a 2s 4000mah pack with no issue and then brought the car back for a 10 mins cool down.  Put in the 2nd pack and it moved about 2 metres before stopping and flashing.  No smoke or fuss but the motor was totally dead.

Finally took a look at this granite 'Voltage' today it was the motor, the pinion gear wouldn't come off the old motor(well it did with a blow  torch but the grub screw isn't moving).

Ordered a 19T pinion am going to try but it could over heat and destroy another motor.