• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Much interest in Comp Crawlers?

toyolien

I'm considering building up Flatgekko and was wondering what interest there was in comps. I've seen a couple of builds dotted around on here, but not much action. I'm in the Midlands, and at the moment, would just use it by myself. Would be good to know if there are any comps (informal or formal), where some challenging gates are laid out. I do don't facebook (which seems to have taken over from forums these days), so maybe there are more details on there?

Is there an echo in here???? 🤣

I love comp trucks! But clearly not for everyone...

I have been up to Derby last year where a group of chaps from a Midlands based facebook group amongst others went for some crawling. Sadly, facebook is where it is at...

I only joined last year due to a crawling based business I was working on which sadly did not get off the ground properly ( I would like to revisit this if I can find some time tbh). But certainly there are a few active groups to join on there who do some friendly comps....

In the UK. The comp part of the hobby is very very small.  A few people around who want to. But I think most of the people in the UK who have a comp style build is just because they like the style of car. Not to compete. I have been building my shafty build because I like the extrema lengths the cars go to to be as good as possible.  Because I love the compleat aim is for performance over looks. I have a scale build for that. 

I have been working on my shafty design for well over a year. Slow process but it's getting to the end game now. Just made up a set of 2660 shocks for it. One more bit done. 

In the part of the UK I'm in we have  no comps at all. Almost no one else in my area even knows what a rock crawler is.  So I'm never going to get to a comp with it. But I just love the idea for the comp builds. I'd love to see it grow in the UK again and have more comps set up 

Don't suppose your any where close to Cheltenham and Gloucester? If so you can always come meet us for a crawl. Got a few nice spots not to far from me. Always more then welcome to join in 

There is quite a few of us that have the g speed lcg chassis but mist stuff on Facebook about it. I will let you know if there is a meet etc Neil 

On 15/06/2021 at 23:05, stimpy said:

Is there an echo in here???? 🤣

I love comp trucks! But clearly not for everyone...

I have been up to Derby last year where a group of chaps from a Midlands based facebook group amongst others went for some crawling. Sadly, facebook is where it is at...

I only joined last year due to a crawling based business I was working on which sadly did not get off the ground properly ( I would like to revisit this if I can find some time tbh). But certainly there are a few active groups to join on there who do some friendly comps....

Thanks. I'm definitely interested in attending a few comps, but have no interest in facebook so will keep an eye out on here in case any info pops up.  Would be amazing to get something the size of the scale nationals going just for comp crawlers.

On 18/06/2021 at 11:00, Hell horn. said:

In the UK. The comp part of the hobby is very very small.  A few people around who want to. But I think most of the people in the UK who have a comp style build is just because they like the style of car. Not to compete. I have been building my shafty build because I like the extrema lengths the cars go to to be as good as possible.  Because I love the compleat aim is for performance over looks. I have a scale build for that. 

I have been working on my shafty design for well over a year. Slow process but it's getting to the end game now. Just made up a set of 2660 shocks for it. One more bit done. 

In the part of the UK I'm in we have  no comps at all. Almost no one else in my area even knows what a rock crawler is.  So I'm never going to get to a comp with it. But I just love the idea for the comp builds. I'd love to see it grow in the UK again and have more comps set up 

Don't suppose your any where close to Cheltenham and Gloucester? If so you can always come meet us for a crawl. Got a few nice spots not to far from me. Always more then welcome to join in 

I suspected that to be the case. Even back in the heyday of 2.2 comp crawlers there were only a handful of people regularly attending comps, but for me it's where the fun is. Laying out gates is where it becomes difficult. I'm about 45 mins from Cheltenham,  so not to bad.

12 hours ago, sunny said:

There is quite a few of us that have the g speed lcg chassis but mist stuff on Facebook about it. I will let you know if there is a meet etc Neil 

Thanks, that would be great. Only just about to start the build but I'd be interested in attending if a proper comp was laid on.

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

Thanks. I'm definitely interested in attending a few comps, but have no interest in facebook so will keep an eye out on here in case any info pops up.  Would be amazing to get something the size of the scale nationals going just for comp crawlers.

I suspected that to be the case. Even back in the heyday of 2.2 comp crawlers there were only a handful of people regularly attending comps, but for me it's where the fun is. Laying out gates is where it becomes difficult. I'm about 45 mins from Cheltenham,  so not to bad.

Thanks, that would be great. Only just about to start the build but I'd be interested in attending if a proper comp was laid on.

Gloucester side or other? If your on Facebook. Join my group if you want. Gloucestershire rc club. We enjoy all types of rc. 

14 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

Gloucester side or other? If your on Facebook. Join my group if you want. Gloucestershire rc club. We enjoy all types of rc. 

Just outside Worcester. Don't do Facebook 🙄

• Like 1