• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TRX-4 Bodied

im looking at buy the new Traxxas Bronco TRX-4 when released.

But found a deal on an older TRX-4  discovery. 

Can anyone tell me the differences.

Can old TRX-4 chassis be adapted to take the new Bronco TRX-4 body mount system?

Is there any differences in the chassis thats really worth the wait ? I do like the look of new Bronco if i could adapt older chassis.

any onfo appreciated. 

Thanks

From what I've seen the new bronco body is going to be quite a pricey item. 

If you wanted to fit it to the defender chassis at a later date you would need the new style inner fenders with the integral clip points as well as the body and bumpers etc . 

Have a look at the exploded views on traxxas support page for the bronco to see what you would need. 

Hope this helps with your decision! 

I suggest having a watch of the Scalebuildersguild review on YouTube. From memory the updat s to the chassis are discussed and there is an in depth look at the body and mounting system.

If it is the Bronco body you want, it is probably worth waiting and saving up. Even if you have a deal on the older chassis, it will cost a fair bit to upgrade to the new body and bits.