• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:8 Sensored Combo recomendations

hawkesy2k8

Good Morning All, 

So im looking to make the switch from non sensored to sensored in my SSTE truggy, does anyone have any recommendations?

SKY RC seems to be the choice id make but is there any better for similar price?

I think some guy had loads of issues with the sky rc ESC. 

I have had a hobbywing xr8 plus and that wasn't very good either. 

The most reliable sensored escs I've had were the hobbyking x car 150a and the tekin rx8 gen3. The hobbyking one is really cheap and the tekin is mega expensive, but I got the tekin used.

2 hours ago, Jumper said:

I think some guy had loads of issues with the sky rc ESC. 

I have had a hobbywing xr8 plus and that wasn't very good either. 

The most reliable sensored escs I've had were the hobbyking x car 150a and the tekin rx8 gen3. The hobbyking one is really cheap and the tekin is mega expensive, but I got the tekin used.

What was wrong with the XR8 Plus? I run one myself but have only had it for a limited time, I want to know if there's something I should be looking out for 😳

I was going to recommend the XR8 Plus myself...

9 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

What was wrong with the XR8 Plus? I run one myself but have only had it for a limited time, I want to know if there's something I should be looking out for 😳

I was going to recommend the XR8 Plus myself...

They just seem to die randomly. I had mine in my mt410 with a reds 1900kv buggy motor. ran 4s fine, ran 6s twice then it died. Made a video on it and loads of other people had the same problem even in 4s truggies and buggies. 

22 minutes ago, Jumper said:

They just seem to die randomly. I had mine in my mt410 with a reds 1900kv buggy motor. ran 4s fine, ran 6s twice then it died. Made a video on it and loads of other people had the same problem even in 4s truggies and buggies. 

Ouch! That's not very convincing is it. Thanks for sharing.