• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BACK YARD CRAWLER COURSE

turok007

Ok im in the process of getting bits for a back garden course  for 1/10th  also building some bits for my kids mini crawlers for indoors & out.

Will be doing some pics once anything is built  im doing a lot of planning as don't want to cut stuff up without some sort of plan.

If anyone has advice or pictures  feel free to add them.

Edited by turok007
  • Like 1

Just now, walkbythesea said:

I’d like to do a similar thing myself, will you be landscaping or is the intention all built features?

at this point just built features 

Got theses today for the mini crawlers  i didn't mean to order so many.  also had a good look in my  junk shed  and worked out i have a lot of wood from a couple of beds i took apart a couple of years ago.  also collected alot of tree branches & some trunks not to big.  so i just really need to  work out what to build  also need to see how wide to make stuff  so other cars can use it not just mine.

IMG_20210415_135235.jpg

Edited by turok007
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Ahh only 981 lolly sticks to go then :rofl:

after making it i did think that lol    all my plans now involve the sticks

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

My missus was on FB today and found someone getting rid of some wood  they said can deliver   so i just said yes  well it was a whole van full  old shed and a lot of decking.  lol 

will have to change my plans   now i have enough to build the spiral staircase  i wanted on some corners.  She just told me someone else contacted her as they have some   so this time i have asked for pics.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, turok007 said:

My missus was on FB today and found someone getting rid of some wood  they said can deliver   so i just said yes  well it was a whole van full  old shed and a lot of decking.  lol 

will have to change my plans   now i have enough to build the spiral staircase  i wanted on some corners.  She just told me someone else contacted her as they have some   so this time i have asked for pics.

Had weather warnings for next 4 days so even if i get some free time i cannot get anything done with it. 

• Sad 1

I don't know if this is good or bad  but the strong winds took down a huge bit of tree in the garden  so now i have extra wood  but have to have the weather to cut it up  also still sorting the huge pile of free wood.

• Haha 1

Im saying it was luck  as the missus was more interested in cutting up the tree with the mini chainsaw  than my new RC turning up  lol

• Haha 3

About 70% of the wood is in the garden  it is a lot more than it first looked  the old decking would cover 20x10  need to figure out how to store it so it's not in the way of the course.   Bad weather forecast for the weekend  lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just doing this was bad enough  doing the first side is not to bad  but then trying to do the other is a right work up  so need to think how to do it a lot easier .

one idea  is to clamp all the middle section between 2 bits of wood  so i don't have the hassle of them trying to escape.  But using fishing line is not good as it just wants to come straight back off.   Will try hot glue and give it a good test  to see if it holds up.

Could zip tie one every few inches then just glue the others. 

IMG_20210603_185139.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 15/04/2021 at 14:13, turok007 said:

Got theses today for the mini crawlers  i didn't mean to order so many.  also had a good look in my  junk shed  and worked out i have a lot of wood from a couple of beds i took apart a couple of years ago.  also collected alot of tree branches & some trunks not to big.  so i just really need to  work out what to build  also need to see how wide to make stuff  so other cars can use it not just mine.

IMG_20210415_135235.jpg

love ma lolli sticks can make alsorts with em...