• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any bike nuts on here?

Strugglecuddle7

Can anyone value this as i dont use it all all anymore and it needs shifting

specs -

Dmr trailstar 2

Mavic ex721 rims
Hope pro 2 hubs
New deore bottom bracket
Deore crankset
Slx rear derailleur
Shimano 9 speed cassette

blackspire narrow wide chainring
Slx m7000 brakes
Shimano icetec rotors
Saint shifter
Dmr V12 magnesium pedals
Society jump forks (Air and coil sprung)
With 36mm stanchions and 20mm bolt through!
Selle royal seat
Longer seat post
Wake handlebars, I took my renthal bars off.

Any help much appreciated

dmr.jpg

Edited by Strugglecuddle7

I loved my old Trailstar, and DMR are an awesome company. They sent me a bunch of original decals free of charge after I had it resprayed! I can't help with a value i'm afraid, I sold mine as a frame only.

What I always say is, Don't try and sell something for what you or anyone else thinks it's worth, Cos everyone else will be selling there's for the same, Sell it for what you would be happy to get, Cos most of the time that will be less than what you or others will think it's worth, But you get shot of it quicker and still come out with a smile.

• Like 1

Prices are crazy at the minute best place to sell right now is good old eBay. 

Your be highly shocked at what folks are getting for there bikes right now !  offer postage as well folks will eat your hand off 😂😂👍

• Like 2

Nice bike man - I always had identiti or Cove frames for jumping - now I'd probably be better off with a zimmer frame !!

Sad to say but one just never gets the money back... I could be wrong but I'd reckon you'd probably be looking at £200/£400. I'd do a list on eBay and see how it goes else if you've got the time you may make more breaking it - but that can be a PITA..... I've got some stuff I need to list but been putting it off....

The only other option is PinkBike - perhaps you may get more there with someone after a "RETRO" bike... Good luck with sale!

• Like 2

On 18/03/2021 at 16:45, Strugglecuddle7 said:

UPDATE - i sold the frame,forks,stem,brakes and seatpost for £210 so not bad! gonna put the mavic 721 wheels and the slx drivetrain bits on my xc bike and flog the sram stuff off that

Great news mate. Always the best way. 

I have also managed to recycle some of my top end 26" gear through the boy as he has grown. Built him a pimpin' Orange full susser a couple years ago now, will need a larger frame again soon mind 🙈...

• Like 1