• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Melted my esc... Cheap alternative?

grovehead1

1 minute ago, Alex97 said:

Hobbywing 60BL10, about £30 and will be much better than your one above. If you can spare a little but more then look at the 120BL10

This???  Looks a bit big for a wltoys 144001 lol

Screenshot_20210306_145509_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

7 minutes ago, grovehead1 said:

Will the 60amp version handle 2s reliably running a 5200kv motor 

That's the one, in a small 144001 buggy should be ok but for a few quid I'd go for the 120a. You'll need to do a little bit of soldering. 

17 hours ago, grovehead1 said:

I'm not sure a 120 will fit in my wltoys the 120 looks a lot bigger than the 60. Soldering isn't a issue 

I have both the 60 and 120 sensored (non waterproof) quicruns and yes the 120 is a much bigger unit. I also have one of those blue '120' amp cheapo esc, which I bought couple of years back for 9 quid off eBay.  After doing a little research on some US sites where peeps had used them extensively and pulled them apart to check size / quality of components ie fets etc, most of them concluded that the esc should be rated at 40/45 amps at best. Which is fine, it was clearly never going to be a full fat 120a esc for under a tenner. It will find a use in one of my mini rigs where space is tight and motor is tame.  I'd say the 60a sensored version would be your best in a 144001 where space is at a premium and weight is low. Will easily be able to handle that can on 2s. Just remember it's not waterproof. The WP-10BL60 which I also use is waterproof but is a much bigger footprint.

Cheers mate ill get the 120amp just to be sure I do believe it will fit as I've got more room inside due to larger body and longer body posts 

9 hours ago, bertberr said:

I have both the 60 and 120 sensored (non waterproof) quicruns and yes the 120 is a much bigger unit. I also have one of those blue '120' amp cheapo esc, which I bought couple of years back for 9 quid off eBay.  After doing a little research on some US sites where peeps had used them extensively and pulled them apart to check size / quality of components ie fets etc, most of them concluded that the esc should be rated at 40/45 amps at best. Which is fine, it was clearly never going to be a full fat 120a esc for under a tenner. It will find a use in one of my mini rigs where space is tight and motor is tame.  I'd say the 60a sensored version would be your best in a 144001 where space is at a premium and weight is low. Will easily be able to handle that can on 2s. Just remember it's not waterproof. The WP-10BL60 which I also use is waterproof but is a much bigger footprint.

On 06/03/2021 at 15:32, Alex97 said:

Yeah, they are a good ESC. Pretty much all hobbywing stuff is good. 

Nice one ill start saving lol, cheers mate