• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton EXB owners

On 13/12/2020 at 20:46, mydoddy69 said:

Added a simple little mounting plate for the switch 

3-A703-B4-F-AA9-E-4-DFE-ABA1-79940-A579-

You've made me wondered if I placed mine in the wrong place! 😂 (see my build log)

On 13/12/2020 at 20:46, mydoddy69 said:

Little rear support for the motor can as it’s a bit on the long side 

3-EF199-FB-4-CCF-4-E9-A-90-CE-B3457-C25-

That's actually better - I was thinking of using some sort of hot glue or similar but that's better & less messy! Is it some sort of harden foam?

55 minutes ago, Tony said:

That's actually better - I was thinking of using some sort of hot glue or similar but that's better & less messy! Is it some sort of harden foam?

It’s just an old body post shaped to fit the motor can and height it’s in there pretty tight so it can’t move forwards or backwards the shaping stops it moving side to side and a dap of superglue just for good measure. Ideally I’d of liked a vorza motor mount but can’t find one anywhere in stock so this will do for now 👍

My only recommendation of spares to have on hand is the wing mount (that also connects to the gearbox and rear brace).

Blows me away that they haven't designed anything around that to make it a bit tougher, suppose it's a deliberate weak point?

Either way, they break really easily.

RPM do one, which I haven't tried, it's in a box waiting.

POS also do one which is awesome, but expensive. I have this one and it's why I haven't fitted the RPM one, it's super tough.

1 hour ago, Paul Busby said:

My only recommendation of spares to have on hand is the wing mount (that also connects to the gearbox and rear brace).

Blows me away that they haven't designed anything around that to make it a bit tougher, suppose it's a deliberate weak point?

Either way, they break really easily.

RPM do one, which I haven't tried, it's in a box waiting.

POS also do one which is awesome, but expensive. I have this one and it's why I haven't fitted the RPM one, it's super tough.

Wing mount 🤮🤮. If or when mine breaks it won’t be getting replaced instead I’ll be fitting a rear bumper and new  shell  then it will be a monster truck 😂👍

Diff housings I think there was talk these EXB ones where stronger but no idea if any if that is just Arrma Fans hyping up what they wanted rather than what they got 😂😂.  There are all alloy diff housings now though so if it does become an annoying weak point I think that’s the route I’d go 👍

Wing mount [emoji2961][emoji2961]. If or when mine breaks it won’t be getting replaced instead I’ll be fitting a rear bumper and new  shell  then it will be a monster truck [emoji23][emoji106]

Diff housings I think there was talk these EXB ones where stronger but no idea if any if that is just Arrma Fans hyping up what they wanted rather than what they got [emoji23][emoji23].  There are all alloy diff housings now though so if it does become an annoying weak point I think that’s the route I’d go [emoji106]
Yeah you can cut the wing mount short and do that, but it all depends on where it breaks as to whether you would need a new one or not due to how many parts of the truck it connects together.

If you take a peek, you can see it's one of parts responsible for holding the rear brace to gearbox, as well as holding the wing on the car.

Easy enough to fab something up to delete it of course.

With the gearbox, It's not so much that it's a weak spot, it's just that the spares all seems to be warped/poor manufacturing tolerances, so you have to stretch/fettle them back into place.
Part number (AR310854) hasn't changed, so if they've sorted that issue or not, they haven't significantly changed the design.
I was lucky in my last swap I did, the replacement I ordered was old stock (could tell by the different card label on the bag) and that went in like a dream, perfect fit.

24 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Yeah you can cut the wing mount short and do that, but it all depends on where it breaks as to whether you would need a new one or not due to how many parts of the truck it connects together.

If you take a peek, you can see it's one of parts responsible for holding the rear brace to gearbox, as well as holding the wing on the car.

Easy enough to fab something up to delete it of course.

With the gearbox, It's not so much that it's a weak spot, it's just that the spares all seems to be warped/poor manufacturing tolerances, so you have to stretch/fettle them back into place.
Part number (AR310854) hasn't changed, so if they've sorted that issue or not, they haven't significantly changed the design.
I was lucky in my last swap I did, the replacement I ordered was old stock (could tell by the different card label on the bag) and that went in like a dream, perfect fit.

Alloy housing it is then 😂👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Busby said:

You have a Max6 so you should be good with the extra weight emoji16.png

It’s hardly any extra weight and the pluses out weigh the minus weight 👍. If you look around at how much alloy guys throw at the Kraton the diff housing is nothing to worry about 😂😂

Not only that time I remove the wing etc I’ll be saving weight not gaining 👍👍

I know, I was just poking the bear 😜

I've actually started backing off on some the upgrades and going back to stock in some areas.

Is it still the Vitavon diff cases that you would go for?

Edited by Paul Busby
  • Haha 1

Just now, Paul Busby said:

I know, I was just poking the bear emoji2957.png

I've actually started backing off on some the upgrades and going back to stock in some areas.

Is it still the Vitavon diff cases that you would go for?

Not looked that far into what ones are better or cheaper but more than likely the Hot Racing ones 😂👍

Want to just point out how arse it is if you have a solid wing mount.............. remember my Dementor?

It's a deliberate weak spot. Not entirely perfect since shearing the screws is a pain in the rear, but i'd rather have the wing mount go poof than fold another truck in half. 

In regards to rear bumper: POS. Love mine.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

While we are on the topic of bumpers, I will mention that my workshop is in a state that I can make stuff now (do need to update the build thread), so I can (and would really like) to make bumpers for people again.

Best get designing a nice bumper for the Kraton then 😂😂👍

8 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Want to just point out how arse it is if you have a solid wing mount.............. remember my Dementor?

It's a deliberate weak spot. Not entirely perfect since shearing the screws is a pain in the rear, but i'd rather have the wing mount go poof than fold another truck in half. 

In regards to rear bumper: POS. Love mine.

Solid wing mounts 😂😂.  Think someone at Corally must of  had some sort of brain malfunction 😂😂

• Like 1

Solid wing mounts [emoji23][emoji23].  Think someone at Corally must of  had some sort of brain malfunction [emoji23][emoji23]

I've already got a couple of designs mate, but if you have something you would like to see feel free to let me know. [emoji106]

Here is the most recent desgin

...sorry the photo is a bit rough, it's the best one I can find on hand. I also wouldn tuse this plastic with the pattern again, it didnt hold up well in testing.

Below that is the older design. Note that these were all made basically in my garden with a Dremel and a Scrollsaw. I have all manner of tooling now.

I'm going to start making some templates after christmas. Already got a bit of plastic stock. I'm going to experiment with a mix of Nylon, Nylatron, and UHMWPE. The PE varient being nearly indestructable and abrasion resistant, and the Nylon/Nylatron being a bit more rigid/sturdy.

NSCWiygl2iOdVN0oy5-MktuSiWtxqXc3k-A_rn7aI6tmJ3oW97FUTgViGM0AGdZLz0gBKK5tjUwW1zYCz3W_w8XDthHyrbEpMEpo10vpFCFH7IIYZnM2WXCrPh3TTEnINzNabKwuskBycvpig3ZN0GOKKJI283Amfr09XgDDxGysaqt2zfJ3GVUmK3r6DeKamOq0kbqWD4nTI21lmqUDSORSsGaSDMJ6_w8LP3APPly-gfhnx_gKdbS584NN6Y-F9yq5N6ILzOyFaPll__3vqHhaVjpYDGhr1Ohm1i6bqVoS1EezlVWmLuLwh5rdyJgkpvhBUhXGU9aIWjZu6tCHe5roIo_Xq3-1wgIwPbs0UcInLTvs1D5MB3tT28HUJqfrfV9YA5SkUPSJZuilUckAnHdTaOpu_x5M7A1Tt9rJq2HXwhN8dCCnRG43j_Sk8Y_uDZHddfuXfagD7N7YISft_YgInosvj5r82jnIEjz2d9slcHhi2xQZ98wD-PNgZhVAcj9NAkLubZg4DUrcka_3GgxaPbKD8dvoYIvmFagUKNCBcD-kS2E_8lVbMI6yacY6D3I64KlT1UB9s0eG06xM3wnxNU9z7UVyryTlg2NQ_AyhSPc61f8jx_tJEn4YGFefvd2-fQ3GLsoctA0p8f83-CM5pYyTz6j3gdRqtD-kGhKbozj__VtzpJrksXbxr8E=w2560-h1182-no?authuser=0

IEMyq99h4Y28dp8ieRT4zHyfPxCUOCgmwsxkbThJyBvNQZxX--Y2pSTZM6x0pW640ObsxEU-htxmC2fIVeIcATgSHEMOVavVdFOUQYXe-cni3_pLNhc7yqTyXWeuNwUKXppDGUDIKfPDda8sEhpThtyzURxqEXq7spzltmAFHvvQTp1QyarLBMewPjGdE2XN3gf5Er5jlWf9bVYM5sGXwHG74zzfuBYf80BsBI7S_WttDRd-Kc1FQkkfEiFARwBh74ExVc18S5CDgk3MkXNhDbCUEydAuuA9dy8DahqtySSjA2YVsPE2vvH1R6q2b-VWG7BoeIcDCBJHnomEcxm4iQAcF8aJUqZPFbFA_cBD8WCWWdqNm7YuhsbFOELE_uS3QWC7zthlifYMDyVItgSovk05HiVS1uA4zfeAxaBpVLWSEM_Hj7UYldqIt6oOqdBL163WDx8QKcEy66QyLmsFniFirN8rN9ljJk-LZb2wrHjNU0BUEdTQDae3HkfoLvmb06T5wzycCbuSIy-5sjZeFEaWCR1yXoEgWHPF462KCQbNxawYYFqr7UhdJcnbDqXwArt5iGzJyVWi06mRyDzJB3j-N5w4AErjpFFZEk_CIVcGLZ1Nd0aLYnSbbBPG1Kc730BzUBoR5Vh37Solcqen4gurPpxCryi-oGqAt_r4S3qYaz8FU4nSF6bAlX0N9BE=w2560-h1182-no?authuser=0

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Callyakn said:

Well bugger me, first time back since 2014 on the site, and im looking at what Armma trucks to buy and the EXB has caught my eye, and low and behold, bump straight into you on the first page! hows it going @mydoddy69you most likely wont remember me !

Haha of course I do how’s it going my friend long time since we had a chat hope your well. 

Nice bit of kit for the money, well for the money things are now prices have gone through the roof and arrmas used to be cheap lol 

5 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Haha of course I do how’s it going my friend long time since we had a chat hope your well. 

Nice bit of kit for the money, well for the money things are now prices have gone through the roof and arrmas used to be cheap lol 

yeah i can see that!! my last rc was the hpi truly flux, have HPI fallen off the face of the earth???