• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What Nitro model to get

foxy

2 hours ago, foxy said:

Yeh That’s what I’ve been reading but that’s the joy off this hobby the fun is getting stuck and learning as you go also a lot off patience. 

that is interesting that it prefers 20% nitro, i wonder if thats to do with the head clearance or turbo plug. I'll look into that. :P 

Another thing you can do,  is replace the 2 main 12mm M4 Cap head bolts that hold the Steering Knuckles in the C-Hubs with slightly longer 14mm ones,  and threadlock em in good.     Just to use every last mm of thread in the Aluminium Steering knuckles for Maximum bash powah.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GorillaZilla said:

Another thing you can do,  is replace the 2 main 12mm M4 Cap head bolts that hold the Steering Knuckles in the C-Hubs with slightly longer 14mm ones,  and threadlock em in good.     Just to use every last mm of thread in the Aluminium Steering knuckles for Maximum bash powah.

3 hours ago, GorillaZilla said:

You need to add a 0.5mm thick M4 washer on top of the thick washer that's already there,  just so you get that extra 1.5mm of thread in the knuckles without poking out far enough to rub on the Universal joint driveshaft.

Will look into this mate thank you.

Hi all I’ve finally got my new hyper st 😊😊I’ve just got a quick question for anyone who owns the st the receiver battery pack doesn’t seem to have a secure place to go and keeps falling out is there something I’m doing wrong or is it just a bad design any help would be appreciated.

59 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

the battery holder is designed for a stick type pack and to keep it off chassis its supposed to be cable tied into the holder 

Orite I get what you mean can you buy the stick type?

On 30/07/2020 at 18:30, foxy said:

Thought I would update you I’ve just ordered the hobao hyper St can’t wait to get going thanks for all your input it’s very much appreciated.

awesome choice,  dads one is very reliable and destroys my hyper 7 black on rough terrain, it is such a solid truck  :D

• Like 1

If i get back into nitro I think ill buy a real nice engine and exhaust new then buy used rollers to suit it and play the feild like a youthful oap in a nursing home. Swapping the engine out having my fun then moving to the next. 

I've played with more than afew nitros but only got real chuffties out of the traxxas revo nitro. They bsolutely killed anything else I had.  I had bad experiences with buggies bending the chassis. Loved their acceleration though. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

awesome choice,  dads one is very reliable and destroys my hyper 7 black on rough terrain, it is such a solid truck  :D

Thanks mate I’m hoping to get it started today and start the run in process 😊

• Like 1

Hi all quick update I’ve ran the 1st 3 tanks through the car I had to adjust the HSN just to richen it up to make sure it’s getting enough lubrication when I come to driving the car I will lean out the HSN abit so it will run without spluttering. obviously it’s due to it been rich. These engines don’t half run warm was shocked at 1st but I looked up it’s normal for the mac star 28 to run fairly hot must admit I’m not keen on this cops pull starter ha.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foxy said:

Hi all quick update I’ve ran the 1st 3 tanks through the car I had to adjust the HSN just to richen it up to make sure it’s getting enough lubrication when I come to driving the car I will lean out the HSN abit so it will run without spluttering. obviously it’s due to it been rich. These engines don’t half run warm was shocked at 1st but I looked up it’s normal for the mac star 28 to run fairly hot must admit I’m not keen on this cops pull starter ha.

grab a small temp gun to monitor engine temps to keep your mind at ease when running it  :)

this might sound disgusting but just spit on it 

if the spit dances about like a mad thing its to hot if it sits there and sizzles its fine 

my son is new school im old school and i find if you run by temp it doesnt work right 

i have used temp guns etc but find its not be all end all if motor is running ok and its above recomended fine 

how many glow plugs i break not many  how many he breaks 10 x as many 

how many engines break none in both counts 🍻

Edited by Stormbringer

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

if the spit dances about like a mad thing its to hot if it sits there and sizzles its fine 

my son is new school im old school and i find if you run by temp it doesnt work right 

i have used temp guns etc but find its not be all end all if motor is running ok and its above recomended fine 

my hyper7 black engine is dodgy... eats plugs and pull starts when running so not a good comparison dad  :P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

grab a small temp gun to monitor engine temps to keep your mind at ease when running it  :)

Yeh I’ve got one mate what is the guideline with the temps on these engines?

12 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Il try that mate sometimes old school methods Are the best 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/10/2020 at 18:41, Stormbringer said:

Cool  glad your liking it :thumbsup:

It’s brilliant mate so much fun. Got the bug big time again so want another to add to the collection 😂