• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What happened? MSUK was hacked?

X13SMD

if it goes down, go out!! or watch TV or go on TM forums!!

JE + GN :P

Since he removed the front page basically....

Could we have just put in that extra bit at the end showtopic=87 or what ever it was to go around it??

Ziggy

Since he removed the front page basically....

Could we have just put in that extra bit at the end showtopic=87 or what ever it was to go around it??

Ziggy

Wouldn't of worked. Was a global file that is used on every page.

rofl we all sound like sad geeks dont we :P

*in geekish voice*

Im affraid the night owls will try to eat me again also im allergic to the moons minor waves

*slavers a little and whips it back*

im no good at acting :lol:

Ziggy

glad were back up...

20 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

19 Members: Littlechat, Ziggy122, X13SMD, alex199020, craig_t, Nick, dynamite25, TAMIYAMANUK, Tony, deejayy2k, chris52, Euan, Sean, fonzi06, bigmick, smallman28, [email protected], Turner Boy, Sam C

LOL

Oh well :P

Lets hope its still here in the morning :P

and on the bats flapping wings, im going to bed

Ziggy

i hate hackers.... but that bat and the music scared the living crap outta me cus i had my speakers on loud

(sorry to mods for swearing but i felt that word truly expressed myself)

So if they were able to put images and soundtracks up what stopped them from completely wrecking the site? Could they not have changed all the passwords or made it so you couldn't restore it?

Usually their is a hole or flaw in just one or two files that allows you to alter it's contents, it doesn't give you any power over the forum except being able to deface it.

Would of replied sooner but had to transfer all my files to another computer, anti-virus, anti-trojan, anti-spyware, anti-malware, antipodean and antiperspirant the computer, steam clean it and move all the files back on to it... Better to be safe then sorry.

MSUK got hacked?! Why you son of a b.....

i didnt know the forum till nick told me when i just got back from work :o glad nick and tony sorted things out.

well done to nick and tony.

So if they were able to put images and soundtracks up what stopped them from completely wrecking the site?

These files was not uploaded - it was linked from another site - see earlier post from Nick where he posted the links.

These files was not uploaded - it was linked from another site - see earlier post from Nick where he posted the links.

Yeap :)

Where is the forum running from???

A computer in tony's house or sumet? or in a server/online hosting thing?

Ziggy

usually if MSUk is down i usually slam a message up on TM as i usually talk to nick pretty much instantly.

failing that maybe nick cud sort out a email drop.

Matt.

Sumet i suggested earlier :)

Improve the mod/admin connection by having every1's numbers on the mod/admin team....

Just and idea really...

Have an email address like i have for the msuk easter slideshow :)

Ziggy

oh its back, that was quick, and no problems to?

not everyone can get in touch with nick as I found out last night. After clicking on a thread and getting the hacked bat screen thing I did a screen shot and clicked back and tried to pm nick but this process was too teedius and time consuming and wihtin seconds no matter what I clicked I got the hack screen

theres some sad people about.

It's possible that the recent errors people have got on the forum is from them testing the security hole. Should of planned ahead really as we've had signs like this before where there are frequent errors then a week later it's got attacked.

You can e-mail me at:

[email protected]

My personal e-mail & MSN can be requested via PM.

I was speaking to a couple of freinds earlier today and they're into all this hacking rubbish, apparently the Invision Powerboard is notorius for its security issues anc considered a"newbie hack", I was told at the very least fourms should be ran on vbulletin? (I think thats what he said) cos it offers better security, Invision Powerboard is meant to be the worst?

However I don't know nothing about this stuff, good job you had it backed up tho!

Is this a common problem?

Edited by Captain Custard

I was speaking to a couple of freinds earlier today and they're into all this hacking rubbish, apparently the Invision Powerboard is notorius for its security issues anc considered a"newbie hack", I was told at the very least fourms should be ran on vbulletin? (I think thats what he said) cos it offers better security, Invision Powerboard is meant to be the worst?

However I don't know nothing about this stuff, good job you had it backed up tho!

Is this a common problem?

I've Heard the same thing actually.....

But i like invision as its more user friendly :)

Ziggy