• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servo help needed

Youngto

hi all, 

after a bit of advice . my son got an Ftx vantage for xmas ,   after a few drinks on xmas day like you do we decided to get it up and running. charged the lipo in its vaultz packet till fully charged then plugged the battery into the car following the correct procedure. then for some reason i thought i had to plug the battery charge lead into the binding third socket in the receiver . As you can imagine that did not go to well ...... puff of smoke and a smelly receiver ( im blaming this to me being slightly in toxicated .... lol) anyway ive fitted a new receiver and we half way there, we have the throttle all set up and trimmed in and its nice and smooth. Only problem now is there is no power to the servo and no movement at all . I cant think of anything else i can try or adjust, so basically im asking would it of blown the servo too ??? the speed control and everything else seems ok . any help would be appreciated 

Regards John                                                     

Unplug the speed controller from the receiver which should be channel 2,Then plug the servo into that,Then see if the servo moves when using the throttle trigger, If the servo moves then it's the receiver channel 1 as we know that channel 2 works, If not then you could say servo.

Edited by babylon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, babylon said:

Unplug the speed controller from the receiver which should be channel 2,Then plug the servo into that,Then see if the servo moves when using the throttle trigger, If the servo moves then it's the receiver channel 2 as we know that channel 2 works, If not then you could say servo.

Would need to plug ESC into channel 1 or provide alternative power supply, otherwise no power to receiver.

If, by whatever means, you have applied a sufficiently high voltage to receiver to blow it, then odds on you have blown the servo as well, as it takes its power from the receiver.

7 minutes ago, Shudson said:

Would need to plug ESC into channel 1 or provide alternative power supply, otherwise no power to receiver.

Yer,Sorry,Just edited channel 2 to 1.

And your right with the power.

thanks for the response folks ,, just got in and tried what you have said and it still does not work so ill be buying a new servo now. Can not believe i done this when i used to race these things 30 year ago .  mind it was 1700 mah SCE when i was doing it and brushed motors. These things have moved on so much .

Thanks again 

John