• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage help

BIG-T

Hi all, my first post here so sorry if its the wrong place or been asked before.. I'm still learning to navigate the site.

I've just bought two FTX Vantage brushless buggies one seems to be running fine... the other one worked for about 2 mins...  I literally drove it about 15 feet before it stopped. When I picked it up, the motor position screw had come loose and the pinion/spur gear were separated.  So, I repositioned, tightened and put it back together.  

Only now... There's nothing movement from the motor. The drive train isn't jammed up, .. the battery has charge as the steering servo is working..  just absolutely nothing from the motor. When I picked up the car to deposition the motor the motor wasn't hot and no smell /signs of burning etc.. so I'm a bit lost.

my knowledge of electictronics is limited but I would have expected charring? A puff of smoke ot a bang etc at least something if the motor had gone... but I'm lost... anyone got any ideas on what I might be able to do/try??

many thanks in advance people... 

Hi BIG-T,

Firstly welcome to the forum.  👍

Not sure I can offer much advice, but thought I would reply so  at least  you wouldn't feel like nobody has read this!

I would be suspicious of the ESC, or a loose cable connection. You can test motors, but you either need expencive scopes and equipment to  do it, or to take it out and drive it with a drill to measure the output using a multimeter.  All of whch you might risk invalidating the warranty by playing with. Is there any way  you can take it back to the shop or return it? 

One of the things to check with a new car is to make sure all the screws,  nuts and bolts are tight, might be worth checking the other car too.