• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

motorcycle

Rpptr

hi all im after a off road motorcycle for my rc collection. Which ones are the best to buy also where can i buy one dont want to buy on auction sites. Also how long would the battery last on rough ground and how long for full charge. Also would they be any good in a wet field.? many thanks.

I've got the SkyRc SR5. It came with a NIMH battery and probably gives around 10-15 mins play.

Put in a 3S LiPo and it's mental! Spare batteries are cheap and quick to change.

It'll work on rough ground but is better on harder packed surfaces or short grass.

£257 from Banggood currently - which is where I got mine from. thumb-11885181_1035262326506571_3866325013557715140_n.jpeg

Sent from my S55 using Tapatalk

There isn't a huge choice left anymore.

There is the 1/5 scale Anderson, which is still out there. Cheapish and has it's issues...but it's OK once you upgrade the forks. Stick a mild brushless setup and Lipo in there, as the stock motor is pants. Has a mechanical gyro...so handling is OK at speed...wobbly when you slow down as the gyro is reliant on you revving to maintain speed.

The SkyRc is another option. Doesd have an electric gyro ( motor spins it...where a mechanical basically spins up when the wheel spins, and uses a one-way bearing to keep spinning when you slow down. In practice..mechanical is slower to respond, and will slow down when you do, so the gyro effect is never predictable ) It's a slightly bigger model at 1/4 scale but lacks the finesse of more expensive options.

There used to be ARX 1/4 models, but there website is gone and I see no sign of anywhere still selling htem. Shame. They looked nice, but were pricey for what you got. They started selling '3D print' parts in kit form....then they vanished. Guess the company folded

If you are feeling flush...these are top quality..

https://www.nuovafaor.eu/en-gb/moto-rc

Really depends on your budget as to what is best. £257 is not a bad price for the SR5.

thank you for advice. ive brought a anderson 1/5 scale took it out today its good for my use and is alot of fun. has around 10 mins use so brought 2 spare batterys so can have longer use over the fields. it goes well on sbort grass and gravel.