• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Don't buy these driveshafts!

pritch

Just a warning against buying these cheap steel driveshafts off ebay - I needed some for my Stampede but they'll fit Slash etc. as well - they're basically sound but have these little keyring things to hold the pins in on them, well they're rubbish and after 50 yards I had a pin come half way out and eat my a-arm.

It may just be possible to replace them with some O-rings from my set if I have some that are a good fit - but I kinda wish I'd not been a cheapskate and bought CVDs. These are also a bit heavy and a bit sloppy - had to put a bit of pre-load on the shocks to compensate.

You win some, you lose some with the cheap stuff - but maybe now you won't have to with these!

IMG_20190304_154336025.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha ha! ? 

Actually the nice Chinese person eventually gave me a refund, and of course every time something is damaged it's an excuse for an upgrade.. how about a splash of blue RPM arms all round?

Still don't know what driveshafts to fit though ? I'm tempted just to go back to stock. Does anyone know if the 4x4 heavy duty stub axles fit the 2wd ok?