• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fg engine fitment help ?

rcstarz

Hi everyone, this may well be a silly question however it may save me rooting through the garage searching for parts lol

I have gained a fg monster truck, the guy I got it from said pretty much he ragged it and popped the engine (30cc so he says) so he brought another one ... 29cc ... which then he took the cylinder head off and put it on the popped one ... 

Obviously it ran like a bag of bolts.... so pretty sure those engines are shot... I do have a 29cc engine but it's baja fitment (where it lies down rather than upright) is there a way to fit these ? Can I transfer anything from one engine to another etc to do it or am I looking at a rebuild or new engine ? 

If I'm looking at a rebuild, how is it possible to be sure of the original engines head and piston size ? As I don't know what's original and what's not any more ... 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks 

54 minutes ago, rcstarz said:

Hi everyone, this may well be a silly question however it may save me rooting through the garage searching for parts lol

I have gained a fg monster truck, the guy I got it from said pretty much he ragged it and popped the engine (30cc so he says) so he brought another one ... 29cc ... which then he took the cylinder head off and put it on the popped one ... 

Obviously it ran like a bag of bolts.... so pretty sure those engines are shot... I do have a 29cc engine but it's baja fitment (where it lies down rather than upright) is there a way to fit these ? Can I transfer anything from one engine to another etc to do it or am I looking at a rebuild or new engine ? 

If I'm looking at a rebuild, how is it possible to be sure of the original engines head and piston size ? As I don't know what's original and what's not any more ... 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks 

The engine just sits upright by attachment of the FG mounts that will be attached to the 30cc lump in your truck.

12 hours ago, KORB said:

The engine just sits upright by attachment of the FG mounts that will be attached to the 30cc lump in your truck.

Awesome thanks for the help ? I'm fairly new to the game atm ... I have a yama, fg marder and now the fg truck, I have a slight obsession with the 1/5th scale 2strokes lol... 

Thanks 

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:52, rcstarz said:

Awesome thanks for the help ? I'm fairly new to the game atm ... I have a yama, fg marder and now the fg truck, I have a slight obsession with the 1/5th scale 2strokes lol... 

Thanks 

Which part of Somerset are in?