• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which type of RC FUEL

moorlander

lipo / nitro / petrol ?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. which type of rc

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/18 at 16:13

I have just come back to RC after a number of years and have started dusting off my 1/8 scale nitro buggys....batteries all charged up and new fuel to buy this week.

A lot of things seem to have changed and one thing I have noticed is that less people seem to be talking about nitro on this forum.

Feeling like I will turn up to a BASH and be the any one running nitro..

So just interested in how many are still using Nitro and should I move onto petrol or .....electric ??

many thanks

Edited by moorlander
error

Plenty of people still run nitro on here but LIPO's and brushless motors have revolutionised electric cars which can now outperform nitro most of the time. Add in the fact that you can usually run them in a lot more areas due to the lower noise level and simpler maintenance and it's easy to understand their modern appeal.  

Okay am I missing it or where is the poll ??.

i have recently got back into nitro, great fun at the track and surprisingly a pleasure to run. 

Brushless is ‘plug n play’, but lacks the tinkering side which an engine gives you.......

Edited by QRC

Nitro seemed to be dwindling for a while, especially once lipo and brushless tech became affordable. However, about 50% of a bash group near me still run nitro. I used to thoroughly enjoy running nitro due to the tinkering which comes with it. Unfortunately, time pressures nowadays mean that any stick time I get to myself is like gold dust so I converted all my rigs over to leccy.

Just now, QRC said:

There is always the issue of noise, not everyone is a fan of a screaming nitro or thundering 2 stroke...??

yeah I know what you mean...Pity you cant get a pipe that runs quieter but still gives out power etc

I'm currently running an Olimat silenced pipe on my 5ive and it does take the edge off the sound. It's still loud by any measure. But performance is pretty good, other people have commented on it still having good power.