• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fried - A little bit of help please...

jonesinamillion

morning all, long time no visit!

A spot of help if you could, the boy (5yo) has  fried the wires & capacitor(?) off his maverick rc truck ESC

I have a soldering iron but need to get the right wires in the right holes, could you kindly advise?

the wires on the lhs in my hand are off the motor, the ones on the rhs from the batt. from top to bottom we'll call the "holes" 1,2,3,4. The capacitor is also only attaced to one hole...

Huge thanks in advance.

45241693171_a477b58712_o_d.jpg

The capacitor will be battery side, not motor and should also be marked +ve or -ve on the side of the capacitor so the battery connections are sorted. As you only have two wires to the motor then the motor will either go forwards or backwards depending on which way around you get them, so that will become obvious after the first test!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonesinamillion said:

Thanks for the reply...

Assuming im an idiot (which may be true!) and with the absence of any obvious markings.... would anyone speculate as to which wire goes in which contact / hole 

Black wire (negative) to the hole with a - symbol 

Red wire (positive) to the hole with a + symbol

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Black wire (negative) to the hole with a - symbol 

Red wire (positive) to the hole with a + symbol

2 hours ago, jonesinamillion said:

Thanks for the reply...

Assuming im an idiot (which may be true!) and with the absence of any obvious markings.... would anyone speculate as to which wire goes in which contact / hole 

maverick-msc22-electronic-speed-controll

Maverick-MSC-22-Electronic-Speed-Control

Photos are very usefull, thank you.

Tried and failed, i'm simply no good at fiddly stuff and a soldering iron... not as easy as I thought!
I've got the newer version of this Esc for sale, came out of my maverick strada xt if your looking to replace it [emoji106]

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk