• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need a starter box

Mr Drifta

Hi Mr Drifta.  I bought the fastrax all universal starter box that you have shared a link for.I bought it second hand in very good condition. It didnt pack enough punch to turn my Novarossi. It. would sometimes maybe turn it once or twice then the motors would just stop. I bought two 775 motors to replace the 550 motors and it wouldn't fit the mounting bracket. I wasted my money trying to save cost and in the end i went to model sport today and just bought a SMD starter box. It work great! It really is a good box no one wants to pay 70 pound on a starter box. But if you want a good box just get the SMD it won't let your expectations down. 

• Thanks 1

On 01/10/2018 at 22:06, Rustyuk said:

Hi Mr Drifta.  I bought the fastrax all universal starter box that you have shared a link for.I bought it second hand in very good condition. It didnt pack enough punch to turn my Novarossi. It. would sometimes maybe turn it once or twice then the motors would just stop. I bought two 775 motors to replace the 550 motors and it wouldn't fit the mounting bracket. I wasted my money trying to save cost and in the end i went to model sport today and just bought a SMD starter box. It work great! It really is a good box no one wants to pay 70 pound on a starter box. But if you want a good box just get the SMD it won't let your expectations down. 

What battery setup you using bud? 

And big thanks for the above info... ??

If the budget allows, the SMD that QRC linked is the one you need - one of the best starter boxes on the market. Had one for years and never let me down :good:

Easily converted to run lipo too.

Whatever you go for, make sure you at least get one with twin motors.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mr Drifta said:

Anyone toss in a lipo to suit the box? 

Was gonna plump for the 12v battery but feel it may make the box a bit heavy lol... 

Thanks again folks for all the input ??

I used a 3s, 5000mah lipo in mine, just a bog standard one from hobbyking. Lasted for days off running on a single charge :)

All you need to do is change the connector in the box and you're good to go :good: 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, James1986 said:

I used a 3s, 5000mah lipo in mine, just a bog standard one from hobbyking. Lasted for days off running on a single charge :)

All you need to do is change the connector in the box and you're good to go :good: 

On 08/10/2018 at 06:58, stretch said:

I think that settles it then, I shall scout for the best price on the box. 

Guessing the box has the white tamiya, as I call em lol, connectors? 

Again big thanks bud ? ?