• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone out tomorrow

4 hours ago, Bigreenpants said:

Thanks for all your input and help, really helpful! What’s the difference between going 2x2s in series as opposed to 1x4s? Is it just the price?

Yeah the series option is only cheaper because you already have a 2s.... If you were to start from scratch it's cheaper to buy 1x4s than 2x2s generally and the 4s cells will be better matched and balanced.

As faffy said though you don't need hard case, I have run mine for a long time without. I just wanted to 3D print some cases :) and piece of mind.

Also If you can solder I would go to xt90 connectors as well, they can deal with a bit more and from my experience nicer generally than deans plugs.... Hopefully I haven't sparked a massive debate now haha :P

Nice man! It's looking sweet! I like the body lights, putting some in mine at the moment :) 

as for batteries....you probably want at least:

5000mAh

30C rating preferably more! With a high burst C rating as your ESC can do 600A burst.

battery current capability = C X Capacity in A

eg 5000mAh is 5A

C = 30

So 5 X 30 = 150A constant 

the higher the C rating the higher the price is, I don't know your budget so I will let you decide :)

• 2 weeks later...