• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Going FM

neiloid1

Hi all,

I've posted this on another forum, but you chaps are much more helpful, especially as this is a UK site.

I'm torn between importing a Baja and settling for the FM transmitter and all the other goodies that it comes with, or sticking with what I've got and buying an FM transmitter and upgrading the electrics for my mini T. Whilst I really like my mini T I can't help thinking that the first options is the better one as I should be able to sell my mini T for what I paid for it making the move to a Baja cheaper than the second option of circa £125 on a new transmitter.

Reason for the change - the range on the stock one is poor. I'd also like to know the state its' batteries as the stock one seems very hit and miss.

Your thoughts would be appreciated, as would suggestions for an after market transmitter - looking at things like the Hi-Tech Aggressor.

Thanks in advance.

ps - also after a good 3mm turnbuckle spanner.....

Sell your whole mini T for what you paid for it? Usually you get about half what you paid for it.

It depends what you want to do, if your happy with the mini t then upgrade that, if you want something bigger then get the baja. You could always keep the mini t, get the baja, and use the transmitter on both ;)

Edit: I think I misread your post. Is it the 1/5th baja, or the team losi mini baja?

Edited by jameschatz

Does the baja come with all the hop-ups too? If so then yeah I think you should do that and sell it or even try a different micro...

(If they do have all the hop-ups where are you getting it from, wouldnt mind one myself :P)

40FM radios? Is this with modules and stuff or just normal crystals? If its crystals I can recommend the sanwa gemini 2, im very happy with mine :)

Re turnbuckle spanner, lunsford racing make decent ones I think. You should find them on the DMS Racing website.

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

Sell your whole mini T for what you paid for it? Usually you get about half what you paid for it.

It depends what you want to do, if your happy with the mini t then upgrade that, if you want something bigger then get the baja. You could always keep the mini t, get the baja, and use the transmitter on both ;)

James he bought his Mini-t from ebay quite recently I think.

The Baja is also just a variation of the mini-t...it comes with a baja body, sand paddle wheels, oil shocks etc. Its not any bigger.

;)

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

Sorry chaps, think I confused you James.

Losi Mini Baja - comes with oil shocks, FM transmitter, separate receiver and ESC, ball bearing throughout, speed motor, 3 wire servo.

I got my mini T used off Ebay so shouldn't loose too much selling that.

40FM radios? Is this with modules and stuff or just normal crystals?
- Sorry, I'm confused. I'll check out the Sanwa radio. Why did you choose it?

Thanks for the quick replies.