• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BB gunners.

NOFX

I've just bought a used double eagle ak 47 auto electric bb rifle.  It's in good nick.  But it jammed the gears after a 400 round mess about with our little un.  Anyone know anything about em? The gears are plastic, like the diff gears in a cheap Rc.  The motors really powerful. I'm wondering if I could buy some metal gears to stop the jamming. The plastic gears look fine.  But reliability would improve with metal ones. Tia :D

I've got a plastic gearbox. I've read that they can lock because of weak batteries.  I bought the gun for 30 quid 2nd hand.  I'm broke at the mo,  So can't afford 60 quid for a gearbox:boredlook:. Where's a cheap place to get batteries for my double eagle ak47?  Tia :D

Not had to buy bb's for a while but for that I would just buy a 5000 bag of the cheapest .2g you can find on zeroone.

Gearbox parts are a fairly standard thing so yeah if you want metal gears then you could find some that could work easy enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I just made a Lipo holder & soldered the right connector for the Lipos I run in me & my little uns mini monster trucks on. I've just gotta paint the holder stick it on , do some cutting for the wires & away we go :D.  The rpm has gone up by 25% & I'm sure it's spitting the BBs faster & improved accuracy  :)

Haha yeah the rof will be drastically improved running lipo over nimh. Trigger response on semi will be better also.

Power and accuracy wont be affected by that but if it's not been shot for a bit then you may have just needed a few bbs through it to soften the hop rubber back up a smidge so it can function better :D