• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone around here into rc drifting?

tanveer

Everything to do with rc drifting has gone quiet on the forums lately, anyone here still messing around with rc drift cars? Theres a club in leicester unit4 rc that run a couple of times a month and there literally 5 minute walk from my house. It was a good excuse for me to get myself a decent drift chassis so i ended up building an mst rmx 2.0 s just because i wanted something rwd and the rmx 2.0 was newly released at the time. Will get some pics up later

• Like 1

Just waiting on my gyro to turn up from rcmart and then I can have a propper first run, today in the living room had a quick blast without a gyro and it's near on impossible to keep a steady drift lolb927e39b784fdf31c5836af6b43b6dca.jpgc95aa7947fbe28573df6a1c877af0d65.jpg7fddd5d955557d02ab4e09046830667c.jpg0d6e520d46564c3e67f995b74a847103.jpg0b75b33c01d8f9707a8a05ab5907278b.jpg8deed76ed4443370b2288e7d16f7a0e9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, heavyleftthumb said:

hey buddy im pretty lucky as i like about half hour from NRD. the RMXs 2.0 is a great car, i have one too. it is pretty difficult to drive without a gyro but i have seen it done. not by me im defo not that good lol.

im sure you'll enjoy the drift life

I'm about an hour away from NRD so I'll be going up there at some point, just waiting for my gyro and body shell's to turn up and then I'm set to go. I had a quick go without the gyro and it's impossible for me anyway lol

3 hours ago, scratcher said:

It looks like a great chassis :)

Keep us posted on how you get on with it.

I'm trying to get back into it after nearly 2 years out.

I'm tempted to sell my MS-01 and FXX chassis and get one of these.

I haven't got to have a propper drift with it yet as I'm still waiting on my gyro to turn up from rcmart. But it's an extremely stiff chassis and very straight forward to build. I had it up and running within 5 hours and I'm new to building kits. If your local your more than welcome to pop down to unit4 in Leicester and have a quick blast with the rmx 2.0. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scratcher said:

Cheers for the offer dude :)

I used run with Tim at Soul RC.

I'll try and head up there soon. In the mean time, I've set up a track in my office. I don't use it so thought it was a better idea, haha.

I'm in Milton Keynes so not too far.

yeah soul rc was mega, i went down a few times and got my first ms01d rtr from them. Shame theres not any drift rc shops in the uk...

• 2 weeks later...

there is  guys importing and running shops in the uk theres ASBO RC on facebook run by guy called dale clements, and also slide dynamics rc, also james who was half of soul rc  runs rcboss.com  which is europe based but shipping is still fast

but if you want the best prices  and finding cool stuff you wont find anywhere  else i use rc-art (not mart) http://rc-art.net/index_eng.php

theres an option when you go to checkout that will get them to give receipts saying  the value is 10% of what it actually is so you dont get raped by customs and the shipping time is super fast there always been less than a week

On 22/09/2017 at 09:02, pher0 said:

there is  guys importing and running shops in the uk theres ASBO RC on facebook run by guy called dale clements, and also slide dynamics rc, also james who was half of soul rc  runs rcboss.com  which is europe based but shipping is still fast

but if you want the best prices  and finding cool stuff you wont find anywhere  else i use rc-art (not mart) http://rc-art.net/index_eng.php

theres an option when you go to checkout that will get them to give receipts saying  the value is 10% of what it actually is so you dont get raped by customs and the shipping time is super fast there always been less than a week

Yeah iv heard of asbo Rc, didn't really reply to my messages on facebook. But slidedynamics is a good shop I only come across this shop last week but the owner Ben is a good lad and does anything he can to help with products he sells.

Mst is a good car. If you have a track near you. Go with the tires they use. It will keep the pace somewhat equal.

Mount the motor on top. Push your electronics as far back as possible. There is a new rear motor mount for the rmx. If you don't want that yet add some weights on at the rear. A good 40grams worth.

But this is really dependent on your style of drifting. I find the car setup just nice with that setting. I don't run a rmx, but enjoyed driving my friends rmx with the same setup. Only odd thing is that that the setup with the rmx that he has done is it has lots of toe out. I don't really like that setup. But with a beefier motor, it's great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think every man always wanted a drift car. Since I was a little boy I dreamed about a drift car but never had the opportunity to buy one so I decided to buy a small one with a radio controller. I found an amazing place with RC Drift Cars and was impressed how many models there are. I ordered the model that best suits me. You have to know that a faster car is not necessarily the best one. When it comes to RC drift cars, the faster they are, the harder it is to maneuver them. I am really glad that I found one and now every weekend I take my car and race in the park.

Edited by ruthkingeux