• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Deans Connectors

neiloid1

Hi all,

Any reason why Deans couldn't be used between the motor and esc rather than the more common "bullet" connectors. My Speed motor is "hard wired" straight to the esc and I'd rather have a connection so that removing the rear end doesn'y leave it dangling. Any preference for their orientation - male on the motor side or vice versa?

Thoughts and advice greatly appreciated, as always.

Thanks in advance. Neil

The resistance of a Deans connector is less than that of 12AWG wire, or so Deans says. The female goes on the ESC to reduce the likelyhood of it shorting out, which is the same reason for having female connectors on batteries.

Batteries - female

Motor - male

Thanks for the replies. :)

Is there a standard as to which tab on the plug is positive and which is negative? I've got the plugs but there is no guidance included. I could wait for by new battery to come which has a female Deans plug attached but was looking to start soldering before it arrives.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

_____

l --- l postivie

'l l' negative

l__l sorry for the poor drawing this is the way ive got it done and my lhs does it like this aswell ive got

fake deans :(

Rocky

Thanks for the diagram Rockers. bb2120 is absolutely correct - the polarity of the connecting tabs is clearly shown on the plugs next to each tab, but on the "inner faces" of the plug so they are not visible once the two parts of the plug are connected.

Thanks again for all your help, Neil.