• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

help choosing throttle servo for my km baja...

tanveer

got my new km baja on Friday, was out running it most of the weekend and has been spot on, almost had a run away due to the throttle servo glitching and holding wide open throttle on many occasions for a couple of seconds at a time, (thank god for my killer bee)...anyway i thought id upgrade with a cheap throttle servo something like the Savox SW-0231MG...would it be a decent enough upgrade? seems good value to me at 27 pound but i know naff all about servos...

i run the 7954 for throttle on both baja and 5ive love them but theres no need for such a servo of that spec. http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/radio-gear-electrics/servos/hitec-hs-7954-sh-hs7954sh.html

before hand i ran the Savox SC 0252 which i still have which is a fanatic servo for the price got the job done easily. unfortunately i don't have the link but if i remember right i got it from the servo shop. 

Edited by Baja_Crazy

first thing I would be doing is finding out why the throttle servo was glitching .

22 minutes ago, jea said:

first thing I would be doing is finding out why the throttle servo was glitching .

i did a quick check of everything, i had a spare flysky receiver so i swapped that just to make sure it wasn't the receiver that was faulty, also swapped the plug to a proper ngk cmr7h just to make sure there was no interference from the chinese spark plug...only reason i said it was a glitch was because occasionally it would hold wide open throttle for a couple of seconds when i have let go of the throttle on my TX...

46 minutes ago, evssv said:

would i be okay running a HV 7.4v servo with my 6v hump pack? That's one thing i was unsure about...

12 hours ago, tanveer said:

i did a quick check of everything, i had a spare flysky receiver so i swapped that just to make sure it wasn't the receiver that was faulty, also swapped the plug to a proper ngk cmr7h just to make sure there was no interference from the chinese spark plug...only reason i said it was a glitch was because occasionally it would hold wide open throttle for a couple of seconds when i have let go of the throttle on my TX...

id advise before jumping head and getting any servos is to swap your throttle with your steering on the receiver (so you will steer with the trigger) to see if the then the steering does the same.

2 hours ago, Baja_Crazy said:

id advise before jumping head and getting any servos is to swap your throttle with your steering on the receiver (so you will steer with the trigger) to see if the then the steering does the same.

i swapped the throttle servo this morning just a traxxas one out of my rustler and i ran for 45 minutes without an issue, im 99% sure that the problem is the stock throttle servo. I do greatly appreciate your input though as sometimes a 2nd opinion helps when finding faults etc.

5 hours ago, tanveer said:

i swapped the throttle servo this morning just a traxxas one out of my rustler and i ran for 45 minutes without an issue, im 99% sure that the problem is the stock throttle servo. I do greatly appreciate your input though as sometimes a 2nd opinion helps when finding faults etc.

well that clears that up. I do still have the SC 0252 kicking around:whistling:

I use https://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/359784

Also remove the star between the brake disc's and replace with a 3rd (middle) brake pad made of carbon fibre, much improves things!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, marder said:

I use https://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/359784

Also remove the star between the brake disc's and replace with a 3rd (middle) brake pad made of carbon fibre, much improves things!!

iv ordered a full force carbon brake upgrade kit, so hopefully that will work a treat with my new servo...

• Like 1

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 21:35, tanveer said:

got my new km baja on Friday, was out running it most of the weekend and has been spot on, almost had a run away due to the throttle servo glitching and holding wide open throttle on many occasions for a couple of seconds at a time, (thank god for my killer bee)...anyway i thought id upgrade with a cheap throttle servo something like the Savox SW-0231MG...would it be a decent enough upgrade? seems good value to me at 27 pound but i know naff all about servos...

The servo above be fine, ive just fitted savox 0230mg which is only 8kg torque 

In my 5b shorty. It's all about how set your brakes up. 

I only got ent points on about 60% for brake and locks wheels up no problem!

My full size 5b using the alturn which is 11kg torque is same locks hostile tires no probs

I use 3 brake pad set up on both my cars.

Edited by marder
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, marder said:

The servo above be fine, ive just fitted savox 0230mg which is only 8kg torque 

In my 5b shorty. It's all about how set your brakes up. 

I only got ent points on about 60% for brake and locks wheels up no problem!

My full size 5b using the alturn which is 11kg torque is same locks hostile tires no probs

I use 3 brake pad set up on both my cars.

iv ordered a Savox SW-0230MG should be here later this afternoon...

3 hours ago, tanveer said:

iv ordered a Savox SW-0230MG should be here later this afternoon...

So did you order the 0230mg or 0231mg as the 0230mg is 7.4v and is best ran

With lipo to get max torque,  on 6v be little weak.

Or you get 0231 as in your first post you mentioned it, as 0231 ideal on 6v.

39 minutes ago, marder said:

So did you order the 0230mg or 0231mg as the 0230mg is 7.4v and is best ran

With lipo to get max torque,  on 6v be little weak.

Or you get 0231 as in your first post you mentioned it, as 0231 ideal on 6v.

It was actually the 0231 the one with 15kg torque, i linked the wrong one initially.