• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

vacuum cleaner help!

froggy8

hi guys, in need of some help fixing my motor in my vacuum. it started making like a crunching noise so i stopped it then switched it back on, the noise was still there but then it started smoking. since then, i have not switched it on in fear it will make it worse.

i am trying to open the motor to see if anything has lodged inside but ive no idea how to open it, does anyone know please/

here are some pics

IMG_2712_zpsqkcnmvxu.jpg

IMG_2713_zpsiij3haiv.jpg

IMG_2714_zpsz5iidk95.jpg

IMG_2715_zpsvyleipn9.jpg

IMG_2716_zpscuogyuiq.jpg

IMG_2717_zpsvtersgxm.jpg

IMG_2718_zpsn5jdjffa.jpg

IMG_2719_zpsqrvtsfb2.jpg

IMG_2720_zps9zfogwwe.jpg

IMG_2721_zpsykrgyws6.jpg

i dont know, i cant seem to find anywhere that i can unscrew, i can get to the 4 screws, i have loosened the 4 screws but the fan still wont budge.

blew it all i can into the motor with air compressor then put it back together again, this time it didnt spin, it wanted to but it sounded like it was stuck then smoke came out again.

took it out again and looked very closely inside when i spinning it, half of the coil thingy inside was like shiny copper, other half was black and couple wires/strands was sticking out.

Scrap it mate and buy a HENRY. I bought a £300.00 brushless DYSON and it was crap.I went to Homebase and bought a £100 HENRY and my missus says its the best she has used.

J

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HellaFlush said:

Yep deffo 0 chance of fixing it if the windings have burnt out. Either see if you can get a replacement motor unit or bite the bullet and get a new one I would say.

yeah its dead, at least ive tried.

2 minutes ago, yoodoo said:

Scrap it mate and buy a HENRY. I bought a £300.00 brushless DYSON and it was crap.I went to Homebase and bought a £100 HENRY and my missus says its the best she has used.

J

thsi vac is really powerful though, had a look at henry and they are 1200w max i think. been looking for other 2400w but nothing i like.

I thought exactly the same as you Froggy.I thought to myself that the motor ,with it's low wattage was going to be crap but it lifted the carpet when she used it (yeah,I know,when SHE used it...ha ha) Believe me matey,they are spot on.

I think with these E.U reg's the motor can't be over 900 watts but the Henry is a cracker.

J

• Like 1

the limit at the minute is 1,600w but its due to be lowered again in september to 900w so get one while you still can, i second the choice of a henry.