• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Wraith - more weight better crawler

waqr

In the previous video I reached 54-55 degress with the Wraith but in this video I have added some extra weight to the wheels and also some extra weight to the front of the truck. Make a difference :)

Previous video where I reached 54-55 degrees

New video where I reach 57 degree

Edited by waqr
  • Like 1

its not about how much weight you add its where that weight is the lower it is the better and if its in the right place a few gram off weight can make all the difference

Tyres and foams also make a big diffrerence to climbing .

i havent used wheel weights for ages  i use beef tubes in my axles instead so you have a static weight and have had better results that way plus getting battery position correct can make a massive diffrerence to the car

just slapping a load off weight in your wheels will make the motor and esc have to work harder to turn something heavier plus putting more strain on the whole drive line

but with beef tubes or even knuckle weights there is a lot less strain on moving parts