• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

xray T4 or Mi1v2

jsdcas07

Hi just after people thoughts on the on the Xray t4 (2015) and the Shumacher Mi1V2. 

First yes the price, but was trying to look at on track differences, and handling. 

which would be the better long term car, and give the user better lap times. 

Edited by jsdcas07

Having owned the Mi1v2 is more a entry level racer so is perhaps a little bit more durable where as the Xray is more "Competition" focused so will likely be more adjustable in terms of set up and perhaps be a bit more fragile. 

In theory the Xray should be faster in terms of lap times but it all comes down to the driver and set up. 

Hope this helps a little :)

i Also currently own the Mi1V2, yes it is durable, but i ask the question as at my club i am constantly hitting 17 / 18 laps, (there top speed is better than mine) also can out corner me) as i have over steer, 

Others are hitting 20 laps, most are running the Xray t4. 

the weight of the cars is a big difference, so i was thinking that may be why the T4 is better with the corners.

or is it my ability?  trying to see if it was worth the investment or a new T4? 

I do think that the weight does make a difference as I noticed it has more "Roll" in the corners than other cars. I don't think it's down to your ability as it sounds like you're not to far away from the others but it could be multiple things as there's so much adjustability on these cars. 

Might be worth asking someone if you can have go with their car before committing to a new car. 

I have asked others at the club, who all sort of say the same that the Mi1v2 is like a tank. Tuff, but not designed well. 

I can all but keep up but i do have to slow down more in the corners, and have the car right on the edge of traction, (Till i go wide to let one past and get dirt in the tyers) then take about a lap to regain grip). Yes it does roll more then breaks gip with understeer. Fix oversteer with adding toe in on rear. And played around with softing the reas as well. 

I have only been going about 5 races, so it is still earliy doors, and totaly understand that i will not be winning (Yet) also happy not to have there top end speed but would like to get the edge with the corners. 

Which i was looking at the t4, i did use one of there this weekend, however as it was not mine i was a lot more cearfull and slower also was in practise so really it felt good, but could not compare. 

Go back to stick with what i know and have, or take the jump, however, i could be being stupid here as i struggle to understand how a chassis will make a such a difference.  

You'd be surprised as to how much of a difference there'll be between the Mi1v2 and a more "Competition" spec chassis but if I were you I'd stick with the Mi1v2 for bit longer to fine tune your driving then change chassis. But it's up to you, you might find that changing chassis now might be what you need to help improve your driving. I know I've had a few that I didn't get on with then changed to a different brand and the difference was night and day with a vast improvement of my times. 

Edited by supersavage