• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vapextech 9.9v lifepo4

james.1020

Hi i have just brought a brushed e firestorm off ebay that came with a 1800mah nimh and its a bit pants as it only lasts about 5mins on grass.

I have found some 9.9v vapextech 3700mah lifep04 will these work better than a say 4000mah nimh? 

Im not sure i want lipo as ive heard they can be dangerous if run too low and im not ready to upgrade the rest of the electrics to accommodate lipo as its just a cheap basher and help would be greatly appreciated  

Lipo are no more dangerous to keep then any other type of battery if you look after them properly. You can get relatively cheap balance chargers that do  hard work for you and there are a ton of how to videos on youtube. Stock firestorm has the lipo cut off on the esc, it just needs programming.

But anyway, that's the only help I can be with regards to your issues about lipo batteries. P.s. I only start about a month ago and I'm straight into lipo batteries.

Hobbyking for cheap chargers/balancers . Lipos are fine. I'd personally get a few zippy lipos from hobbyking UK too. Not had any problems with mine. Our 4 year old  son runs 2 in his mmt.  I do the charging. Be beats the hell out of the truck. 30 mph into rocks on the beach didn't damage the lipos. 

My firestorm is the 27mhz so comes with the older version of the speed controller so i dont think its lipo ready.

The vapextech lifep04 9.9v also come with a tamiya connector so i wont need to change anywires and as for the charger ive already got a lipo ready one its the esc i dont want to change just yet thats why these lifep04 batterys have caught my eye and the fact they seam a lot more robust than lipo 

My firestorm is the 27mhz so comes with the older version of the speed controller so i dont think its lipo ready.

The vapextech lifep04 9.9v also come with a tamiya connector so i wont need to change anywires and as for the charger ive already got a lipo ready one its the esc i dont want to change just yet thats why these lifep04 batterys have caught my eye and the fact they seam a lot more robust than lipo