• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy's Tekno MT410

mydoddy69

Add up the total cost of your Xmaxx, including all those diffs you've destroyed then compare prices. 727 isn't unreasonable if it requires nothing else and it's light on maintenance. Don't forget that Tekno spares are 50% of the marked price if you send back the broken item.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mond said:

Add up the total cost of your Xmaxx, including all those diffs you've destroyed then compare prices. 727 isn't unreasonable if it requires nothing else and it's light on maintenance. Don't forget that Tekno spares are 50% of the marked price if you send back the broken item.

This is very true and says a lot about the own expectations of there kits..

The X's i got dirt cheap but even so they are getting up there now for sure, all in all they owe me around £800 each now with breakdowns esc shells etc 

Its been a bit of a killer year this year on rc but then again i work hard for it so why not i say ;) 

• Thanks 1

No no, my comment wasn't a complaint about how much it's costing... FYI, if you factor in how much it'd cost to send stuff back, plus import fees back if they don't mark it at $10, the 50% discount is really nothing, but that wasn't the point of me asking.

I was actually, in the back of my mind, comparing it to something like the Savage HP Flux, which is really what it's closer to than the Xmaxx.

37 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

No no, my comment wasn't a complaint about how much it's costing... FYI, if you factor in how much it'd cost to send stuff back, plus import fees back if they don't mark it at $10, the 50% discount is really nothing, but that wasn't the point of me asking.

I was actually, in the back of my mind, comparing it to something like the Savage HP Flux, which is really what it's closer to than the Xmaxx.

Why would I send them back to the USA there is a uk suppilier so I'd send them there and let them sort it out ;) 

To be honest it's nothing like. X Maxx or a Savage flux HP this is a buggy chassis running truggy arms so a short wheelbase truggy would be the closet thing to it ;) 

Here's a better look at what it looks like assembled 

BE0927B1-11B0-403F-A461-245A71A16FE4_zps

just remeber its a flat pan chassis 

45 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I was meaning in size and what it's meant to be, despite what the chassis is, they are naming it an MT and we know it's 1/8th scale really, so the closest thing is the Savage.

At least, the closest platform we know to be actually good.

No Dan it's nothing like a savage the closest thing if you must compare it to a MT would be a MT4 G3 

54 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Thanks. Any particular reason you went for the Max8 over say a Quicrun 150a?

Yes fella I wanted the extra power from the Bec it gives me the option to run that power hungry savox at 7.4 v  without the need for an external Bec ;) plus I wanted to reduce the wiring so plugging the motor wires straight in is a nice touch .

Other than this though there's no reason why the Quicrun wouldn't have been man enough for the job ;) 

Only weak points I've come across with my NT48 is the front shock tower - mine has cracked along the upper shock mount area - where it's milled thinner for the shock standoffs. That said, it's not failed yet, and i do have a spare for when it does while the broken tower goes back under warranty.

Tekno are aware of the towers being an issue and i'm expecting modified towers to be available soon and included in the new .4 race kits.

Only other thing I've noticed is the upper shock cap bushings for the standoffs are on the soft side and wear quicker than i'd like and i'm hoping there's some delrin versions about somewhere.

Had a look through my lipo collection yesterday and thought hmm I've only got a pair of 6000mah nano techs 65-130c and a pair of a spec 6200mah 65-130c lipos that fit in this Tekno. Now normally a couple of packs is good enough but I have wanted an excuse to try the Gensace 4s hard case packs for while so after seeing these on Amazon with £16 off and free prime delivery I thought why not ;) 

I only got one for now, I have had the 5000mah 40c in the past and that was pretty good so these should be even better if they are then I might get a couple more :) 

65C80F56-90A6-4EED-AA52-EBEFE3A040BF_zps

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Yep thats the one ;) 

Sadly they don't fit the Xmaxx's tray unless you want to mod the trays to straps as there a hair to big and the wires catch the bar or side if this one is any good I'll be doing just that for some 8s madness ;) 

A pair of these ain't cheap though like the Floureons there empty your wallet for 147.98 while on special with free prime shipping after the sale there be £179.98 a pair ! 

Edited by mydoddy69

30 minutes ago, Deafty said:

I dont know about currrent shipping policies but erm,..have a look here.  ;)

Cheers fella but there cheaper on Amazon at the minute and I get free shipping, there only £73.99 each but I'll save that link might work out cheaper when they go back up ;) 

When are you building this little mongrel up? Can't wait to see some videos from all I've watched so far this is going to be a really successful little truck :mf_dribble:

I wonder how long before other manufacturer's cotton on to this swb monster truggy truccky idea and more hit the market

27 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

When are you building this little mongrel up? Can't wait to see some videos from all I've watched so far this is going to be a really successful little truck :mf_dribble:

I wonder how long before other manufacturer's cotton on to this swb monster truggy truccky idea and more hit the market

Sadly not for a week or so yet its wrapped up under the tree and there's not a hope in hell the wife will cave now and let me have it early .. 

Yep its a great platform for fun and games as its square so you get the best of both buggy and truggy with some big arse monster wheels which adds to te fun. Arrma already have the outcast out which i have and that's fun as hell to blast around so i dare say someone else may jump onboard at some point.. HPI could pull one off easy enough as they have the trophy range same goes for losi, team associated and thunder tiger to name a few . But you can easy enough make your own up from eBay chop shops if you wanted.. Its just a great fun platform to bash around with.. 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Sadly not for a week or so yet its wrapped up under the tree and there's not a hope in hell the wife will cave now and let me have it early .. 

Yep its a great platform for fun and games as its square so you get the best of both buggy and truggy with some big arse monster wheels which adds to te fun. Arrma already have the outcast out which i have and that's fun as hell to blast around so i dare say someone else may jump onboard at some point.. HPI could pull one off easy enough as they have the trophy range same goes for losi, team associated and thunder tiger to name a few . But you can easy enough make your own up from eBay chop shops if you wanted.. Its just a great fun platform to bash around with.. 

HPI can easily do it :) 

I'm hopefully  dropping Trophy arms on a D812 or D8 with alloy carriers etc, arrma motor mount, shockwaves and find a body that'll fit. I think the D8 chassis will work better but is heavier.

6s with a 1700kv.

Edited by dazp1976

22 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yep thats the one ;) 

Sadly they don't fit the Xmaxx's tray unless you want to mod the trays to straps as there a hair to big and the wires catch the bar or side if this one is any good I'll be doing just that for some 8s madness ;) 

A pair of these ain't cheap though like the Floureons there empty your wallet for 147.98 while on special with free prime shipping after the sale there be £179.98 a pair ! 

Ive got a £50 voucher and Prime anyway so wouldnt have been too bad. I genuinely dont mind soending a fortune on lipos, my choice to buy Floureons wasnt cause they were cheap it was because they came next day with pre soldered trx connectors plus im happy with their performance. I am after some 4S packs though for the X if anyone has a shout

30 minutes ago, Guns said:

Ive got a £50 voucher and Prime anyway so wouldnt have been too bad. I genuinely dont mind soending a fortune on lipos, my choice to buy Floureons wasnt cause they were cheap it was because they came next day with pre soldered trx connectors plus im happy with their performance. I am after some 4S packs though for the X if anyone has a shout

Cause of the 44mm width of the X, for a reasonable run time & C rate you'll be looking at these:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-compact-6200mah-4s-40c-lipo-pack.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/lipo.html?config=54&width_c=40-46&height_b=41-51&

Otherwise it's looking like maybe these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5000mAh-4S-35C-14-8V-Lipo-RC-Battery-For-RC-Car-Truck-RC-Quadcopter-Helicopter/162209085783?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3D199f44352da044f5a1849d20ed020128%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D331422873124

They come out with this 8s malarky but batteries again are limited by the box sizes. Capcity slashed from 8000 to 5000.

1 hour ago, dazp1976 said:

I like the zippy compacts I have the 3s for my maxx but the size limits you to where else you might get to use them.. I doubt I'll go 8s in my Maxx to be honest but I did notice these 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/basher-4000mah-6s-65c-hardcase-pack.html

the size is a huge plus should fit in any RC! although runtime when using in singles will be a little short but run in parallel in the Maxx should be fine with a nice c rating to boot .. 

i shall be getting some come the new year to try out ;) 

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1