• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy's Tekno MT410

mydoddy69

21 minutes ago, vettehigh said:

I heard of some say the center diff burns out and with these new cases you have twice the amount of diff oil, thus much lower temps.  I know they were expensive to develop, but $135 seems to much.  How long would it take you time wise to change out all 3 diff cases?  Thanks

The rear pops out in 5 minutes same as the front and centre, personally I’ve yet to have a problem with the stock ones, maybe it’s the guys running 6s that are having problems ? maybe it’s the way they build them ? 

If I do ever run into trouble though I’d hit Rob up at IRC reckon he’d make them at a fraction of that price and he’s in the U.K. :good:

5 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

The rear pops out in 5 minutes same as the front and centre, personally I’ve yet to have a problem with the stock ones, maybe it’s the guys running 6s that are having problems ? maybe it’s the way they build them ? 

If I do ever run into trouble though I’d hit Rob up at IRC reckon he’d make them at a fraction of that price and he’s in the U.K. :good:

I thought that it would take much longer and you had to take so many things apart (gearboxes for front/rear)to get all 3 diff cases out

Edited by vettehigh

8 minutes ago, vettehigh said:

I thought that it would take much longer and you had to take so many things apart (gearboxes for front/rear)to get all 3 diff cases out

Nope it’s real easy and if you got an electric driver it’s even quicker after a little practice ;) 

These are race kits so it’s all easy excess 

Edited by mydoddy69

• 3 weeks later...