• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbyking Basher Rocksta 1/24 Crawler Kit

johninderby

Using the Hobbywing ESC and radio Intended for it would be the easiest. Or you could use a Quicrun 1625 ESC and a 3 channel radio. I have a 4 channel radio that has built in selectable crawler modes which makes it easy.

Bit pricy but this module makes it easy.

http://www.bastens.com/bastens-quadsteer.html

John

Edited by johninderby

Mine landed yesterday, straight onto transmission gear swap, rx/esc board install an servos. Ordered ball races for it awaiting those to arrive 

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

• Like 1

Gonna shorten servo leads an see if can shoe horn motors brought to fit lol

Edited by R46

6 hours ago, R46 said:

Gonna shorten servo leads an see if can shoe horn motors brought to fit lol

I didn't buy those motors , I brought the ones with the pinion s  already installed , so not sure if I've done right or wrong until they arrive :ack:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/130-brushed-motor-2pcs-basher-rocksta-1-24-4ws-mini-rock-crawler.html?wrh_pdp=7

Edited by WiLLiE

Their stock motors u purchased so direct drop in, the motors I got are more suited for tz4 so one shall go in that chassis at some point ;)

I think got a few stock mini z motors somewhere gonna search for em an try again.

Ok tha

15 hours ago, johninderby said:

The moulded motor housings and end caps do limit you to the stock motors or absolutely identical ones. 

John

Ok that's good to know , thought ide made a blunder , forgot the metal gears so will give the plastic a go see if they hold up for a while , the price of the metal gears is on the steep side to say there only for a 1/24 scale gear box .

Edited by WiLLiE

28 minutes ago, yoodoo said:

HK have got a deal of the week on on upgraded gears for the Rocksta.

J

Showing the same price in all warehouses to me , £7.76 , making it £15.50 plus post , just seams a little profit making on hk part.

you would think they would have better gears in already .

6 minutes ago, yoodoo said:

They were up for $9.95 the other day , I dont know what the pound to the dollar is. Is that dear then?

J

Yes there at $9.99 usd making them 7.76 gbp , just you can buy the kit for the same price as the gears .

• Like 1