• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho arc build, help / advice / input wanted !!

Fly In My Soup

Plug after removal

IMG_20161124_172921_zps0fumb4om.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Plugs fine mate. Turn your low needle to 1 1/4. When you drive it steadily apply throttle and get it moving instead of blipping it. It's probably flooded now. Also is your air filter over oiled?I'm about Wednesday if your not sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Scotty napalm said:

Plugs fine mate. Turn your low needle to 1 1/4. When you drive it steadily apply throttle and get it moving instead of blipping it. It's probably flooded now. Also is your air filter over oiled?I'm about Wednesday if your not sorted

Oh OK mate, thanks

I'll pick up the new one anyway for a spare.

I did try putting both needles to 1 1/4, but may have already flooded it by that stage I guess?? :lol:

I'll try again tomo at 1 1/4, after in flooding it.

I'm guessing just turn it upside down with plug removed and yank pull start a few times to unflood?

P.s I'll be free next thurs-sat mate, I can come over exmouth way if you want?

Oh and filter isn't over oiled BTW, seems ok

Edited by Fly In My Soup

Oh OK mate, thanks

I'll pick up the new one anyway for a spare.

I did try putting both needles to 1 1/4, but may have already flooded it by that stage I guess?? :lol:

I'll try again tomo at 1 1/4, after in flooding it.

I'm guessing just turn it upside down with plug removed and yank pull start a few times to unflood?

P.s I'll be free next thurs-sat mate, I can come over exmouth way if you want?

Oh and filter isn't over oiled BTW, seems ok

Morning mate, it more that likely it was flooded by that point,

To un flood a motor I remove the carb, MAKE SURE THE WHEELS ARE OFF THE GROUND! Then attempt to start it. When it does start it will Rev its tits off for about 2/3 seconds then die. Put the carb back on job done.

I will pm you my number too mate can just text me and sort a date and time out[emoji1303]

• Like 1

No worries, I'll drop you a text next week.

I had a little more success with it tonight, plug seemed to help with starting it.

Had her running more frequently, better idle, much less bog, it improved over the hour I was out with very minor needle adjustments, also flooded, unflooded it a couple of times.

Still seems like its nowhere near perfect, but I will endeavor to tune it properly over the weekend.

This is a very short video taken by my 8 year on his tablet, which was taken at the beginning, car cuts out at the end of the vid, and displays some tuning issues still, improving tuning slowly though!!!

Yes I can get her to a stable idle I, shell sit for a min no probs, then I ease throttle out , off she sets, bring to a stop, heavy set off no probs, powers put down nicely, wheels kicking up crap, then bring to a stop, randomly loses idle a bit, maybe bog when throttled again, eased away again, bog now present a bit more, becomes more difficult to start. Quick adjust/reset of needles, choke on, second/ third pull she fires, choke off, fires first/second pull everytime, then the merry go round begins again!

She may be losing compression when shes upto temp?? Due to worn internals which would be bizarre as she idles well even when engine warm, and the engine itself is practically new.

You may well be right Scott, as in getting her on a big run across a feild, would be great!! May just be the thing she needs to clear her out

58 minutes ago, Scotty napalm said:

Probably just needs a good tune and the throttle opening up on a field mate. Will it sit ticking over?

I'm hoping its just my noobishness at tuning these 2t's! 

I may also purchase a new carb, just to Eliminate a blocked jet from my enquiries but we shall not entertain that just yet.

Its annoyingbas she feels like she wants to let rip sometimes and put the power down great, but will then exhibit the bogging again, just feels like it shouldn't be this hard to tune her so she's sweet and stays sweet like something other is afoot.

Worse case scenario remove engine and keep for spares! Then whack another 29cc etc etc in. Or have a long wait for a new piston etc from guangdong or wherever

Yes I can get her to a stable idle I, shell sit for a min no probs, then I ease throttle out , off she sets, bring to a stop, heavy set off no probs, powers put down nicely, wheels kicking up crap, then bring to a stop, randomly loses idle a bit, maybe bog when throttled again, eased away again, bog now present a bit more, becomes more difficult to start. Quick adjust/reset of needles, choke on, second/ third pull she fires, choke off, fires first/second pull everytime, then the merry go round begins again!

She may be losing compression when shes upto temp?? Due to worn internals which would be bizarre as she idles well even when engine warm, and the engine itself is practically new.

You may well be right Scott, as in getting her on a big run across a feild, would be great!! May just be the thing she needs to clear her out

I'm hoping its just my noobishness at tuning these 2t's! 

I may also purchase a new carb, just to Eliminate a blocked jet from my enquiries but we shall not entertain that just yet.

Its annoyingbas she feels like she wants to let rip sometimes and put the power down great, but will then exhibit the bogging again, just feels like it shouldn't be this hard to tune her so she's sweet and stays sweet like something other is afoot.

Worse case scenario remove engine and keep for spares! Then whack another 29cc etc etc in. Or have a long wait for a new piston etc from guangdong or wherever

See what we come up with mate. Think I have a carb knocking about that I know works so could stick that on. Would have to see for myself what the compression is like in person. Hopefully you don't need a new motor.the needles still low 1 1/4 high 1 1/2??

• Like 1

That would be a good thing to check if you had a spare we could try.

Just been browsing around a some people are saying they experienced similar probs with a new engine, a multitude of different answeres to the question of high end bog causes though!!!

Needles have been set at every which way but Sunday

1 hour ago, Scotty napalm said:

See what we come up with mate. Think I have a carb knocking about that I know works so could stick that on. Would have to see for myself what the compression is like in person. Hopefully you don't need a new motor.the needles still low 1 1/4 high 1 1/2??

Hopefully not a new engine!!

On 25/11/2016 at 16:11, Scotty napalm said:

Is your fuel cap on proper mate

Tis old n ****d  mate, bit leaky!!

Ill have a go at fixing later., should be able to seal it for now

Alloy tank end route for two weeks now, should be here soon, which will

Sort her out

Cheers Scott!!

Tis old n ****d  mate, bit leaky!!

Ill have a go at fixing later., should be able to seal it for now

Alloy tank end route for two weeks now, should be here soon, which will
Sort her out

Cheers Scott!!

Only way pressure can be down is a leak somewhere mate. Hope it gets sorted

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scotty napalm said:

Only way pressure can be down is a leak somewhere mate. Hope it gets sorted

Following your advice mate, I had a butcher's in fuel tank, to discover fuel tubing I had purchased and utilised for my custom clunk set up has completely disintegrated where the clunk attached, where also swollen, only found out after I drained tank.

Thought this was tygon tubing, turns out it's tygon-a-like cheap crap.

Refunded!

Anyways, flushed tank, checked flushed contents, re built double clunk setup, this time using more high pressure anti crush fuel line from h.fords, that stuff rocks!

Will test over weekend again to see if this cures bog as well.

IMG_20161126_020834_zpsvb2hom63.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

• Like 1

Following your advice mate, I had a butcher's in fuel tank, to discover fuel tubing I had purchased and utilised for my custom clunk set up has completely disintegrated where the clunk attached, where also swollen, only found out after I drained tank.

Thought this was tygon tubing, turns out it's tygon-a-like cheap crap.

Refunded!

Anyways, flushed tank, checked flushed contents, re built double clunk setup, this time using more high pressure anti crush fuel line from h.fords, that stuff rocks!

Will test over weekend again to see if this cures bog as well.

IMG_20161126_020834_zpsvb2hom63.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Morning pal. I have some proper 3.1 id tygon in my box of 5th scale madness so if you need some just let me know [emoji1303]

5 hours ago, Scotty napalm said:

Morning pal. I have some proper 3.1 id tygon in my box of 5th scale madness so if you need some just let me know emoji1303.png

Thanks for offer mate, ive re built using automotive braided 3.2 mm fuel line, so if that fails...!

Line I was using was ?, new line should be ok

I've also sealed cap on tank on with some ptfe tape round the thread.

So no air leak from anywhere... Famous last words ?

Will re test later today off poss.

Thanks for offer mate, ive re built using automotive braided 3.2 mm fuel line, so if that fails...!

Line I was using was ?, new line should be ok

I've also sealed cap on tank on with some ptfe tape round the thread.

So no air leak from anywhere... Famous last words ?

Will re test later today off poss.

Best of luck[emoji23]

Fit some full alloy shocks to the rear, more ground clearance, more bounce, dual compound single springs.

A steal at £16 delivered

From these

IMG_20161126_184251_1_zps0d55dqn0.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

To these

IMG_20161126_221144_zpsvrathigl.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Apologies for bad pics, I'm now using the misses phone, after running over my backpack containing my tablet :P

Edited by Fly In My Soup

Fit some full alloy shocks to the rear, more ground clearance, more bounce, dual compound single springs.

A steal at £16 delivered

From these
IMG_20161126_184251_1_zps0d55dqn0.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

To these

IMG_20161126_221144_zpsvrathigl.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip
Apologies for bad pics, I'm now using the misses phone, after running over my backpack containing my tablet [emoji14]

Make they look the nuts.

Don't have much look at the moment you though [emoji23]

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scotty napalm said:

Make they look the nuts.

Don't have much look at the moment you though emoji23.png

All part of the joys of rc I spose, take it in a stride!

I'll get her going fast, wether that's under her own steam, or by my hands after I launch it from a cliffe remains to be seen :lol:

Edited by Fly In My Soup
  • Like 1