• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho arc?? Help with identification of buggy and engine please

Fly In My Soup

Just bought my first 1/5 scale buggy.

After years of running nitro and electric, and trading in various RC for some time, I'm now building a collection to run.

This 1/5 buggy seemed a good deal, but unsure what it is,please excuse my ignorance, never really strayed onto the world of 1/5

Seller claims its a kyosho arc, with some fg marder parts fitted.

Please help identifying the engine aslso, doesn't look like the original robin engine, apparently 29cc

Muchos thanks in advance!

kyosho-arc-2.jpg

kyosho-arc-2-_1 (1).jpg

1 hour ago, evssv said:

I can see parts being a issue tbh..:yes:.but I may b wrong...:yes:...never seen one of these...ever ......unless fg parts fit it....

Hello again, yes, although I've heard of many 1/5 brands/model variations, I haven't heard of an k" arc before now.

Still trying to figure out what engine it is, seller being coy about brand so I'm assuming it's a cheap Chinese .

Only info I have is a vague answer of "I think it's a 29cc"

Suspects so far.. Feulie???

They all look similar ... 

1 hour ago, Noj said:

Yeah, thanks, but even before I bought it I obviously drained Google and YT for info.

Info is pretty scarce as I believe this is pre marder?? Maybe even pre widespread internet, lmao.  As the arc came out in the 80's ???

( above info is sourced from other forums, so may be complete crap)

As these earlier 1/5 buggy's look similar, the seller is sketchy at best on detailed info, and the aftermarket engine, I thought it best to lure a more experienced ( in 1/5 scale, such as yourselves ) to confirm its identity ( buggy and engine)

Thanks again

1 hour ago, evssv said:

tbh all petrol engine look the same...but sum will have markings on the cease or head possibly...

Yes, crankcase is usually first place I would look, however the buggy is not yet in my possession ( currently being hurled into a trailer by parcel monkeys)

I'm eager to replace the naff k+n filter with something less "tracksuity" :) 

Any suggestions?? 

N.b are all1/5 air filter same diameter inlet ?? 

It also bears striking resemblance  to km 2 strokes.

By the by

• need filter (air)advice, will an integy filter fit? It's apparently a standardised fitment for the 2stroke engines.

• pipe (exhaust advice, seen a lot around, in a quandary about which to get....

Edited by Fly In My Soup

• 3 months later...

Hi, I also hav a ARC, had it sitting around for a few years. Nou i'm picking up my old hobby.

I have totaly worn spur gears on the ARC, nou I know you sold the car, but do you know what kind of gears were on your car?
The orriginal gears aren't sold anymore.. so I was looking to put FG gears on it, but orriginaly it would be 18/45 and that combination does not exist with FG gears...
I read that you had the orriginal mount for the engine (becaus the brake was on the engine shaft and FG had it on the second shaft) so I was wondering if you knew wich gears it was using...

Hope you can help!
Thanks,
Joost frome Holland

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like 1

I ran 18/44 and the original 18/45

Check my arc build thread

10 hours ago, Juuzed said:

Hi, I also hav a ARC, had it sitting around for a few years. Nou i'm picking up my old hobby.

I have totaly worn spur gears on the ARC, nou I know you sold the car, but do you know what kind of gears were on your car?
The orriginal gears aren't sold anymore.. so I was looking to put FG gears on it, but orriginaly it would be 18/45 and that combination does not exist with FG gears...
I read that you had the orriginal mount for the engine (becaus the brake was on the engine shaft and FG had it on the second shaft) so I was wondering if you knew wich gears it was using...

Hope you can help!
Thanks,
Joost frome Holland

Your not gonna get very far without a lot of fabrication of parts etc.

Some , but not all !!!! , fg marder parts fit

If you ever need any help just message me, I know those kyosho arcs inside out!!

Yes indeed, I already have som FG parts on it.
Im going to get the engine mounts and gear mount from the FG, so I can use the FG gears.
So i'm sort of going to build a retro-mod.

I now noticed that I diddn't reply in your build thread... I thougt I was...

Thanks for info, I Will contact you if I neef help!

Im going to get the engine mounts and gear mount from the FG, so I can use the FG gears.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2017 at 12:40, Juuzed said:

You don't need the fg carrier to use fg gears.

Just buy a 'black bone' gear set.

The fg carrier can't really be utilised on a K.arc as they brake sits on the clutch on the arc, and the layshaft on the fg carrier.

Trust me, I tried!!!

The brake is already sorted on the ARC, I used the orriginal gear to make the brake fit, I cut off the gear it self from the hub for the brake and replaced it with a FG gear on that axle, but its to tight to fit the spur gear with the ones FG uses.. the teeth eat each other.. (didnt know how to say it in english, hope u understand it).
But already bought a complete marder for cheap, so I can try the parts and have fun outside at the same time [emoji16][emoji106]